Wrangler Blues

Technical information on all Jeep models Reviews and Write-ups on all Jeep related items for all models. Please specify Model at the beginning of the "Subject". You may reply to the posts but please use the appropriate other areas for general discussion posts.

Moderator: Tec Team

dragordie

Wrangler Blues

Post by dragordie »

Asking for some help out there. My 87 Wrangler has cost me more money in the last 4 months then my ex wife did the first year. I have an opportunity to swap for a 1993 Cherokee sport 4 inch lift 32-12.50-15 mtzs evan up anybody have any ideas as what to look for (problems) on this Cherokee????? I hate my Wrangler over $3500.00 in it and still dragging the ground :evil:
Have A Blessed Day
Dave<><

It’s Hip to be a JEEP Builder
Wheeling For Christ
proashol

xj

Post by proashol »

check floor boards the rest is just like any other jeep

test drive and a look at the whole underside should do it

:D
if u did'nt brake it u didn't play hard enough
BODE

Post by BODE »

sell your wrangler and look at the deal in jeeps for sale 98 cherokee 6'' lift and new 35s for 4 grand
98 tj 4'' lift 33'' mud rovers.
green50gt

Post by green50gt »

Boy Bode is quite the salesman I've noticed. Check the floorboards as proashol said. Also check out the underside of all the doors. check each invidual doors power windows,(if applicable) check the drip rails all the way around for bubbles and or rust, check around the steering box bolts...your looking for cracks or if it looks like the steering box has been pulled in towards the motor....walk away very quickly if this is the case. check out the unibody all over for dents, creases, etc. then on that year, look at all the rocker panels in depth, push around, they typically go righ under the rear doors if its a 4 door. that is all i can think of for now.
dragordie

Post by dragordie »

Ok guys thanks for the info. It does has some cancer problems(rockers on both sides need major renovation. but it is a 2 door and undercarage is in good shape. underside of doors are in good shape. The 4.0 is a new create motor thats been chiped. This thing roastes the 12.50 33 thornburgs right off the wheels. I think I will be saying goodby to the 87 black wrangler. Thanks for all the info :)
Have A Blessed Day
Dave<><

Wheeling For Christ
green50gt

Post by green50gt »

You might talked to sandmanjames about putting new rockers in a cherokee. He and sandgirlm put new rockers in her 94 XJ.
Run4lo

Post by Run4lo »

Make sure it has a CB... you can't run any trails without a CB... :lol: sorry old joke...
If there's a Rock, YO I'll crawl it!
Check out the looks while my JK devours it!
Rocks, rocks, baby!
IH8MUD OlllllllO IH8MUD
JOTM Jan. 07 & Sept 10 - MIGS
xjjeepthing

Post by xjjeepthing »

Breaker , Breaker
Once you have a wagon , you'll never go back. LOL
God grant me the serenity to accept the impossible trails I cannot crawl, courage to crawl the twisted trails I can and the wisdom to keep the tire side down.
dragordie

Post by dragordie »

OOHH YYAAA gota have the cobra 40 channel. Hay xjjeepthing nice rig but arnt you a ford man?? And why is it that Oliver Ford parts Dept is open on Saturdays and no Jeep dealers have a parts dept open??
Ford stands for (For Off Road Driving) I was a young 1974 F250 highboy who has growin up to be a JEEP MAN.. :D :D :D
Have A Blessed Day
Dave<><

Wheeling For Christ
xjjeepthing

Post by xjjeepthing »

Thanks , still a Ford guy,but wife drives it. My Jeep is stayin. Sometimes I wish we wern't open on Saturday, but ya do what you have to.
God grant me the serenity to accept the impossible trails I cannot crawl, courage to crawl the twisted trails I can and the wisdom to keep the tire side down.
Tazhuntin

Post by Tazhuntin »

I thought this was a family site, I have been hearing that four letter "F" word too many times, and to correct you, it is "Found on the Road DEAD"
BODE

Post by BODE »

AGREE
xjjeepthing

Post by xjjeepthing »

Tazhuntin wrote:I thought this was a family site, I have been hearing that four letter "F" word too many times, and to correct you, it is "Found on the Road DEAD"

Hey know it pays my bills.

LOL
green50gt

Post by green50gt »

I'd rather see the FORD word over the CHEVY word any day of the week.
dragordie

Post by dragordie »

:lol: OK am I wrong Ford stands for FIRST ON RACE DAY. but you can still here a chevy rusting in Walkerton every night.
Have A Blessed Day
Dave<><

Wheeling For Christ
BODE

Post by BODE »

i like rusty chevys