CB radio

Technical information on all Jeep models Reviews and Write-ups on all Jeep related items for all models. Please specify Model at the beginning of the "Subject". You may reply to the posts but please use the appropriate other areas for general discussion posts.

Moderator: Tec Team

David TJ Blue SPIRAL2

CB radio

Post by David TJ Blue SPIRAL2 »

need one, what is recommended?

at the December meeting it was mentioned we could go somewhere and get one for about $80. any more details on that?

thanks!

-Dave :)
xjjeepthing

Post by xjjeepthing »

God grant me the serenity to accept the impossible trails I cannot crawl, courage to crawl the twisted trails I can and the wisdom to keep the tire side down.
blazin copper

CB

Post by blazin copper »

Dunlop CB this guy knows about CB radios he has new and used. If you need to have your radio peaked he will open the case hook it up to some scope and adjust the internal working of your radio this improves the performance. He charged me 10 dollars
97 Copper TJ 4" 33tsl super swampers bushwackers
David TJ Blue SPIRAL2

Any more tips? I really want to get something before the Silver Lake trip.
Teepot

Post by Teepot »

I know that a lot of you have heard me say this before but here it goes again. Pretty much any radio will work fine for trail use. The really important thing with any cb is to not go cheap on the antenna and cable. These two items can make or break how well your system works. Check out Blamoshop.com they are local in Elkhart right by Lochmandy Motors. You can purchuse thru their Ebay store and pick it up at their warehouse.
Dave
JEEP - If you can't build the one you want. Build the one you have.
99 TJ 4.0 5sp 3:73 2"BB 1" BL/ML, Teraflex disco's, Blank built custom rear bumper, Rock Hard front bumper, 32x11.5 Procomp M/Ts on 15x8 Cragar series 397 rims.
Tazhuntin

Post by Tazhuntin »

Teepot wrote: Check out Blamoshop.com they are local in Elkhart right by Lochmandy Motors. You can purchuse thru their Ebay store and pick it up at their warehouse.

I would have to agree with Dave about this company. They have a TJ mount I am picking up here soon. They have a COBRA 19 DX IV for $41.00 in there ebay store and FireStik FS4-W 4' CB Antenna around $18.00
David TJ Blue SPIRAL2

thanks for the tips! how concerned should i be about theft? or prevention? I never lock my tj cuz I dont want some fool to screw up my soft top trying to get into it