tj horn alarm

Technical information on all Jeep models Reviews and Write-ups on all Jeep related items for all models. Please specify Model at the beginning of the "Subject". You may reply to the posts but please use the appropriate other areas for general discussion posts.

Moderator: Tec Team

N8DAWG

tj horn alarm

Post by N8DAWG »

so i found this article on the net so i thought i would try it out , it uses your horn as an alarm basically all you need is a lock switch i used a regular toggle switch untill i go get one, but you just run two jumpers from the door switches mines a 1999 tj so you would use the solid yellow wire for both sides and run those to one side of the switch.for the horn,run a wire under the steering wheel and it has to be there cuz of circut types if you run it striaght to the horn it will blow fuses like crazy, but the wire color is red with a yellow stripe, then that just runs to other side of the switch and there you go when switched on when the door is opened the horn will turn on when switched off nothing happens, just did this today works good.