For Fuel Injection ONLY!!!!

Technical information on all Jeep models Reviews and Write-ups on all Jeep related items for all models. Please specify Model at the beginning of the "Subject". You may reply to the posts but please use the appropriate other areas for general discussion posts.

Moderator: Tec Team

What is your favorite Fuel Injection Cleaner?

Seafoam
44%
Lucas
19%
Whatever is the cheapest
6%
Other (Please post choice)
25%
What is Fuel Injection Cleaner?
6%

Total votes: 16

moparmatt

For Fuel Injection ONLY!!!!

Post by moparmatt »

What is your favorite.

Just looking to see what people use.
88 MJ SOA 33"
Jeeptech

Post by Jeeptech »

BG injection system service, has to be done w/air pressure and pressure spray equipment usually at a shop. We use it at Lochmandy's and I have used it since the late '80s. It cleans injectors, throttle bodys and intake system, and valves/combustion chamber. I've seen results with a boroscope. It's not the cheepest by far but only needs done every 15-20k miles. Makes sense to me to pay more but get it right, ya know!
'98 XJ, long list, skinny wallet! Bummer.
Teepot

Post by Teepot »

Ditto on the BG Product. Best stuff out there. Used it at the shop I worked at for a while. Saw it do some amazing things.
Dave
JEEP - If you can't build the one you want. Build the one you have.
99 TJ 4.0 5sp 3:73 2"BB 1" BL/ML, Teraflex disco's, Blank built custom rear bumper, Rock Hard front bumper, 32x11.5 Procomp M/Ts on 15x8 Cragar series 397 rims.
gunguy

Post by gunguy »

Another vote for the BG stuff It works great. I used it when I worked at Lochmandy and Medows.
Blue 1991 XJ, 3" skyjacker, Custom rockers, Lots of triming, 35" MTR's, Tomken front bumper with receiver, JKS disconnects, C-Rok steering brace, Kevins Offroad Heavy Duty Crossmember/Skid, Uparmored floors, Bedliner interior, Lockright in the rear, Aussie in the front
green50gt

Post by green50gt »

I fourth it. Back when I was into 5.0's, had a 70K GT car that I was ripping on, my buddy who was an ex ford mechanic ran this stuff through my motor, and the change in power was amazing. I couldn't believe how much crap came out of the motor.
moparmatt

Post by moparmatt »

You guys are not voteing.........

Does not make sense four say other, but only one vote for other.
88 MJ SOA 33"
xjjeepthing

Post by xjjeepthing »

Glad to hear good things about BG stuff, we just switched to it at Oliver Ford. I have a free can of there 44k gonna dump in the tank next fuel stop.
God grant me the serenity to accept the impossible trails I cannot crawl, courage to crawl the twisted trails I can and the wisdom to keep the tire side down.