Electric Fan

Technical information on all Jeep models Reviews and Write-ups on all Jeep related items for all models. Please specify Model at the beginning of the "Subject". You may reply to the posts but please use the appropriate other areas for general discussion posts.

Moderator: Tec Team

Swamp Thang
MJC member
MJC member

Electric Fan

Post by Swamp Thang »

Who has had expeience with electric fans. Good brands bad brands? What size or inch fan is best? I see that an electric can be ordered in a push or pull fin, which is best? I am also assuming that a pull would go on the outside and a push would go on the inside or toward the engine?

Any info from anyone with experience would be appreciated. Thanks!
On a warm night when the JEEPS are quiet...you can hear a truck rust!
VeniVidiVici

Post by VeniVidiVici »

Push goes outside, Pull goes inside (toward engine) You want to get cooler air through the radiator; The bigger the BETTER there are several good brands Flex-A-Lite;Cool-It; Be-Cool Deraile(sp) etc. Summit also has their own & I've heard good things about theirs.Hope this helps

Roland
91 XJ 2d 36" TSLs,6.5 lift ,d30 fr.,d44 rear, locked w/ 4:88s Warn 9.5xp,dual optimas, and alot more. and soon to come rear disc breaks
Buckle Up or Get Out I'm About To Try Something!!
Swamp Thang
MJC member
MJC member

Post by Swamp Thang »

Yes it does help Roland and thank you. Can you tell me whether those who have installed these prefered push or pull?

So I was actually thinking backwards on the push pull. Either way you are sending air (from the outside) which in theory is cooler, through the radiator, rather than pushing it through with an engine fan. Yes?
Duff

Post by Duff »

Swamps,

I am about the king of the fans (not by choice, lol)...

1. Be-cool and Flex-lite i have had excellent luck with them.
2. I have run both push and pull fans and I have had best luck with a pull fan with a shroud. Also, on that note... A fan shroud is very important, the better fan packages offer fan/shoud combo's and I would highly reccomend that type of combo.
3. A fan that properly fits your core is actually best because if its too big the fan/shroud will pull the air from least resistance (not through your cooling fins but from the open edges).
4. Temp trigger switch. Most of the fan companies also offer a temperture switch that you can put into a cooling passage that will close when a certain temperture is reached (and the fan goes on automatically). I choose to use toggle switches myself, so I can manually turn off the fans during deep water forging.

Hope some of that helps :D

Ole' Pal,
DufF
:evil:
: 98 TJ : 14" coilovers : 35 TSL : D44/D60 4:88 ARB : Warn 8274 : Snorkel : Lights :
Swamp Thang
MJC member
MJC member

Post by Swamp Thang »

Yep. Replacing water pump with hi flow style pump. Perfect time to put on one of these fans. Thanks.
The Bandit
MJC member
MJC member

Post by The Bandit »

this is the one i thought about getting for my wrangler.. http://www.atozfabrication.com/store/Je ... t-Kit.html
JOTM Feb 2011

A Jeep is a set of legos, the possibilities are truly endless!

93 GC 5.2L 4" zone lift, 32x11.5 BF Goodrich KM2,black rock 15x8 wheels, KOR radiator support w/ snatch points, T-case skid plate. rock sliders. front winch bumper comeing soon!!
VeniVidiVici

Post by VeniVidiVici »

EDIT: What Duff said! When I said bigger is better i meant in comparison to rad. size, not the biggest you could force under hood! The fan that Bandit posted is a great pick I've sold several of these, and since the instructions even come in French someone from the SWAMP should have NOOO problem reading them! LOL!

Roland
P.S. Hey Duff Thanks for being able to say what I mean,We could probably work well together LOL!! :smt021
91 XJ 2d 36" TSLs,6.5 lift ,d30 fr.,d44 rear, locked w/ 4:88s Warn 9.5xp,dual optimas, and alot more. and soon to come rear disc breaks
Buckle Up or Get Out I'm About To Try Something!!
Duff

Post by Duff »

VeniVidiVici wrote:EDIT: What Duff said! When I said bigger is better i meant in comparison to rad. size, not the biggest you could force under hood! The fan that Bandit posted is a great pick I've sold several of these, and since the instructions even come in French someone from the SWAMP should have NOOO problem reading them! LOL!

Roland
P.S. Hey Duff Thanks for being able to say what I mean,We could probably work well together LOL!! :smt021
We're on the same page!! :D
I get hit by writers block too!!! :smt021 LOL!!!

SWAMP can you teach me FRENCH? :smt014 lmao!!!
: 98 TJ : 14" coilovers : 35 TSL : D44/D60 4:88 ARB : Warn 8274 : Snorkel : Lights :
jeepdj
MJC member
MJC member

Post by jeepdj »

That looks just like the fan I put in my crown vic for 12.00 from the salvage yard. 300.00 for a electic fan is crazy. Go get one out of a 97-01 taurus from the salvage yard. You get the shroud too. Same size as the 300 dollar one too.
03 Grand Cherokee WJ, which stand for WILD JEEP. JK 17's, BFG Muds, 3" lift,
Stillen Big Brakes/Rotors,front tow hooks, rear D ring, cargo basket.
Duff

Post by Duff »

Yep, the scrap yard is always a good alternative if you dont want to spend your loot on a fan. I usually goto LKQ over in South Bend. :D

Tim (Jeepdj) - what scrap yard do you usually goto?
jeepdj
MJC member
MJC member

Post by jeepdj »

LKQ and Southside.
03 Grand Cherokee WJ, which stand for WILD JEEP. JK 17's, BFG Muds, 3" lift,
Stillen Big Brakes/Rotors,front tow hooks, rear D ring, cargo basket.
White Rubi
CV team
CV team

Post by White Rubi »

dont forget the relays i think the tauras fans are a 2 speed fan youll need both relays if you go the 2 speed tauras
05. LJ rubi with 454tbi and th400 trans with 241OR t-case.
Member of the Big Block Jeep club
6in RC lift 3in body
38x14.5x16 toyos on procomp wheels

http://www.youtube.com/koalacat
http://s816.photobucket.com/home/koalacat_photo/index
speeduck

Re: Electric Fan

Post by speeduck »

i know its an old post, and i was wondering, if i want new, what do you think of this fan?

http://astore.amazon.com/micjeeclu-20/images/B000IYNVN6

i found it in our a-store, price looks tempting for something new.....
"05 rubicon"
1006RTI ramp/4"susp long arm/UCF belly up/xrc bumpers/T-max 10,000/cobra 29/motometal 909's/35's Falken Wildpeaks/kilby steerbox skid/quick double disconect sway/member of the
endo
club
"member of the red jeep club"
White Rubi
CV team
CV team

Post by White Rubi »

I'm running 1 of a ford taurus They come in either 8 blade or 9 blades And it keeps my big block cool no problem In the world 25 dollars at the junk yard
05. LJ rubi with 454tbi and th400 trans with 241OR t-case.
Member of the Big Block Jeep club
6in RC lift 3in body
38x14.5x16 toyos on procomp wheels

http://www.youtube.com/koalacat
http://s816.photobucket.com/home/koalacat_photo/index
Swamp Thang
MJC member
MJC member

Post by Swamp Thang »

I put a fan on...can't stand the d@mn thing...it WILL come off...and I won't use another one...the benefits did not pan out in my opinion