BALLISTIC FABRICATION

Technical information on all Jeep models Reviews and Write-ups on all Jeep related items for all models. Please specify Model at the beginning of the "Subject". You may reply to the posts but please use the appropriate other areas for general discussion posts.

Moderator: Tec Team

whatsup1287

Post by whatsup1287 »

I's still waiting on an order from about 2 weeks ago...
My friend is in the say situation..
My order is back ordered bc of QA1 rod ends, and his b/c of weld in bungs...
I wish they would tell you if its out of stock on their site before you order it.. then again I would have prob ordered the parts else where..
I do like their product a lot, everything always looks great, but it seems they have this issue a lot.
2004 LJ - Huge lift, little tires, go fast chrome!
2006 mega cab cummins
1994 YJ
1999 Xj
Duff

Post by Duff »

One day away from 5 total weeks of waiting for my heim joints, bungs, jam nuts, mounts, etc...

Monday of week #6 I will just cancel my order and find another way to do my project. It's like what if you break one of thier products during the summer whilst wheeling? I'll tell ya the answer - YOUR DONE FOR THE SEASON...

Thanks for the input!
: 98 TJ : 14" coilovers : 35 TSL : D44/D60 4:88 ARB : Warn 8274 : Snorkel : Lights :
Duff

Re: BALLISTIC FABRICATION

Post by Duff »

After reporting Ballistic Fabrication to the BBB Dave the Operations Manager answered the BBB with the following statement.

"I am more than happy to assist the customer if he decides he would like assistance.

It seems at this time he is looking for some type of smear campaign instead of an actual resolution. While this may make him feel better for a moment or two, it will not assist the issue.

We never intentionally mislead any customer, however it has been brought to my attention that a former employee was indeed doing this. He is no longer employed with our company due to this reason."

I think it's only FAIR to post his response. By the way Dave, this is not a smear campaign it's called ship parts within 6 WEEKS as expected in NORMAL business transactions unless prior arrangements have been made.
: 98 TJ : 14" coilovers : 35 TSL : D44/D60 4:88 ARB : Warn 8274 : Snorkel : Lights :
White Rubi
CV team
CV team

Post by White Rubi »

Soundsike they have been reported before. With a statement like that. Was faster than parts shipment. Said. Good luck. Jeff
05. LJ rubi with 454tbi and th400 trans with 241OR t-case.
Member of the Big Block Jeep club
6in RC lift 3in body
38x14.5x16 toyos on procomp wheels

http://www.youtube.com/koalacat
http://s816.photobucket.com/home/koalacat_photo/index
whatsup1287

Post by whatsup1287 »

Ordered parts Feb 28th... Still waiting on rod ends.....
2006 mega cab cummins
1994 YJ
1999 Xj
Jeepguy91

Post by Jeepguy91 »

It took them 3 weeks to get me 4 tube inserts and 2 high mis-alignment spacers. Called them twice and complained and they finally got them sent out. Parts are well worth the money but won't order from them again. Hope you get all your stuff in soon duff.
Duff

Post by Duff »

I'm in the process of a redesign and going with the Johnny Joints. They have the same size thru bolt requirements I'm looking for as Ballistic Fags. Now I'm looking at different places that have the 1/4" mounts, tabs, blah, blah, blah that I need... Basically instead of me dropping axles last week and fabbing, now I'm in redesign phase and soon to order parts - may not get to the trail until end-of-season now - "Thanks Ballistic Fags". If your going to LIE, please dont wait 6 weeks to get CALLED OUT - Just lie UP FRONT! lmfao!!!

Thanks for the support...

ole' Pal,
DufF.
Duff

Post by Duff »

whatsup1287 wrote:Ordered parts Feb 28th... Still waiting on rod ends.....
I'd love to see you report them to the Better Business Bearu BBB of Arizona like I did.
I wonder what the response from Dave (Operations Manager at Ballistic Fags) this time would be???
He'd probably respond same as one i posted - and say "your working a smear campaign" lmfao!!!!

ole' Pal,
DufF.
Duff

Post by Duff »

Orange rubi wrote:Soundsike they have been reported before. With a statement like that. Was faster than parts shipment. Said. Good luck. Jeff

LOL - Id say your right on Troy! LOL!!! They seem good at defending themselves!!! lol
whatsup1287

Post by whatsup1287 »

I just wrote Dave an Email telling him if they won't be shipped out by Thur. I want a credit for them.
We will see what he has to say.
March 7th is said they would be shipped out in 2 weeks...
I'll start ordering my stuff from RuffStuff...
2006 mega cab cummins
1994 YJ
1999 Xj
Duff

Post by Duff »

whatsup1287 wrote:I just wrote Dave an Email telling him if they won't be shipped out by Thur. I want a credit for them.
We will see what he has to say.
March 7th is said they would be shipped out in 2 weeks...
I'll start ordering my stuff from RuffStuff...
When I did the same - He told me my stuff was "sitting on the floor" at his shop and should go out "this week"...
After 2 more weeks totally passed I just cancelled the deal on my credit card, etc...

Good luck with that.
whatsup1287

Post by whatsup1287 »

If it was sitting on his floor in the shop it should have gone out that day... I can't tell you how many 14+ hour days I have worked to keep customers happy.
Dave hasn't written me back, I'm guessing this is his way of saying it won't be shipped out in time...
I ordered some stuff from BTF last night. I wonder if it will make it here before the BF stuff I ordered 6 weeks ago... This sucks.
2006 mega cab cummins
1994 YJ
1999 Xj
whatsup1287

Post by whatsup1287 »

Just got a call from Nate and Ballistic, the 3x4x3/4 rod ends I ordered won't be in till mid next week... so I wouldn't get them till around the 27th... (week of shipping) I told him I wanted my money back, and he said he would refund it. I called up Ruff Stuff and they said they have about 500 of the 3/4x3/4 rod ends in stock and they would be shipped out tomorrow and it should be here by the end of the week!!!! Way to be awesome Ruff Stuff.
2006 mega cab cummins
1994 YJ
1999 Xj
Duff

Post by Duff »

whatsup1287 wrote:If it was sitting on his floor in the shop it should have gone out that day... I can't tell you how many 14+ hour days I have worked to keep customers happy.
Dave hasn't written me back, I'm guessing this is his way of saying it won't be shipped out in time...
I ordered some stuff from BTF last night. I wonder if it will make it here before the BF stuff I ordered 6 weeks ago... This sucks.
That's why your business continues to grow.
You understand the value of a customer.
You never lie to your customers.

Sometimes I think we should invest in a screw machine, and start our own company...lol

Sorry about your luck with Ballistic. They do build a good product, but it's just not worth the wait-deception game...
whatsup1287

Post by whatsup1287 »

I try to keep all my customers happy, but I also know telling them what they want to hear when I know I can't do it isn't good for either of us.
There is a post on Pirate4x4 right now about BF. Seems there are a lot of people that arent happy with their service right now.
If you buy a screw machine maybe you can sell it to BF so they can screw more people quicker haha
Yea, its a bummer, I have always had good luck with them, and they do have a great product, I just can't want 8 weeks for 2 rod ends. I'm sure I will order from them again, but I will make sure to order over the phone to make sure the parts I need are in stock.
2006 mega cab cummins
1994 YJ
1999 Xj
Duff

Post by Duff »

LMAO!!!

Hey do you do TURBOS? Can we put a turbo on that SCREW machine? lol...
I really hope BF gets it together - AGREED, they make killer parts!

BTW, keep June 11th open... (Autism run at AMG Test Track)...
whatsup1287

Post by whatsup1287 »

I have a turbo sitting on a shelf ready to go!
My BTF and Ruff Stuff parts all showed up last week.
All within about 3 days of ordering it, and the Ruff Stuff stuff came from Cali!!!
With BF I know if I don't order it Sunday night I won't have it in time for the weekend.
I hope BF gets these issues all figured out too, I like their products, but with an 8 week wait I'll pay more for a lesser product if I can get it quick.
June 11th... so far nothing is booked in the work calender for me, I hope I can make it (thanks for the heads up).
2006 mega cab cummins
1994 YJ
1999 Xj
Duff

Post by Duff »

Yea, BTF is pretty good as well. My biggest prob is time now, i have so much on my plate there is just no time to 4-link till prob next fall (ouch!). I would rather go wheel'in on leafs then not wheel at all (due to having it all ripped apart). So this will prob be ANOTHER year of crap suspension for me.
Duff

Post by Duff »

Just an update -

Me and a couple friends have been ordering Ballistic stuff in the last two months, and I'm VERY HAPPY to say the orders seem to be moving normal (typically 1-2 weeks). I currently have about an $800 dollar order out to them and i will let you-all know how that works out in about 2 weeks (when i expect it to arrive). But thus far, Ballistic has appeard to re-make themselves and get back on track.
I really hope this can continue for them, because they are Off-Roaders at heart (just like us), and because they make fantastic products! To all the guys out at Ballistic we (the customers) appreciate the changes we have seen so far - Dave if this is your doing KUDOS to you and your Team for the changes!

-Jeff