TJ steering ideas

Technical information on all Jeep models Reviews and Write-ups on all Jeep related items for all models. Please specify Model at the beginning of the "Subject". You may reply to the posts but please use the appropriate other areas for general discussion posts.

Moderator: Tec Team

Zuk
MJC member
MJC member

TJ steering ideas

Post by Zuk »

Ok peeps, I need to upgrade my steering, basically the tie rod. I can`t see reaming the knuckles for a dana30 to accept one ton stuff...save that for a beefier axle. I don`t want to spend $450+ for a Currie set up. Really being swayed toward to V8 ZJ upgrade. Any comments or products will be appreciated.
2001 Sahara, 4.0, auto, Rubicon express 5.5" long arm, Rubicon Dana 44's front and rear, OE air locker in front, ARB air locker in rear, 37" Mastercraft MXT's, 4.10's, Tera 2low, SYE, Currie Anti rock in front, Currie rock sliders, Barricade rear armor, Tmax 9k competition winch, Tmax 2.5k suck down winch in rear :)
White Rubi
CV team
CV team

Re: TJ steering ideas

Post by White Rubi »

The zj upgrade is a very heavy duty set up for over the counter parts . Just paint it that be a upgrade . Lol. ;)
05. LJ rubi with 454tbi and th400 trans with 241OR t-case.
Member of the Big Block Jeep club
6in RC lift 3in body
38x14.5x16 toyos on procomp wheels

http://www.youtube.com/koalacat
http://s816.photobucket.com/home/koalacat_photo/index
Zuk
MJC member
MJC member

Post by Zuk »

Dave Fox is "The Bomb Diggity" as my daughter Riley would say! Beat all pricing I could find even Rock Auto. Now to see how it drives. Old tie rod was bent causing toe-in of 2 3/16"! Yes Bill Jones, that`s how it`s been for about a month of DD! :badgrin:
2001 Sahara, 4.0, auto, Rubicon express 5.5" long arm, Rubicon Dana 44's front and rear, OE air locker in front, ARB air locker in rear, 37" Mastercraft MXT's, 4.10's, Tera 2low, SYE, Currie Anti rock in front, Currie rock sliders, Barricade rear armor, Tmax 9k competition winch, Tmax 2.5k suck down winch in rear :)
Zuk
MJC member
MJC member

Post by Zuk »

PS... shut it Troy! :smt005
wileyeyejeep
CV team
CV team

Post by wileyeyejeep »

If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.
1998 RED Wrangler. 3.5" custom lift. 31" Wild Country MTX, Custom rear bumper, Millmark front winch bumper, 12000 Badlands Winch, custom rocksliders and many more mods to come. Not your average stock rig. JOTM November 2010. Proud member of the RED JEEP CLUB