Spare Tire Bracket - 01 TJ

Fabrication, Body work, components and paint

Moderator: Tec Team

airforceret

Spare Tire Bracket - 01 TJ

Post by airforceret »

I'm looking at a couple options for moving my spare tire up a couple inches, and over toward center a couple inches. Anyone have any suggestions on aftermarket parts, or better yet, has anyone done a custom fab bracket themselves? Another option I considered was pulling the stock spare tire mount off and welding a new mount bracket to it so that when it is bolted on, it would be up and over. This seemed like the simplest fab job to make this happen and it would keep the spare closer to the tailgate.

I really don't want to fab something that mounts it inside or I'd need to get some sort of shelf to go along with it to carry my gear above the tire.

Any ideas are welcome!

Roger
2001 TJ, ARB Lockers, Teraflex/Full Traction, Currie Anti-Rock, Cepek 33x12.50x15... Moab Tested... Moab Proven!
xjjeepthing

Post by xjjeepthing »

I have the Teraflex that moves it out.
http://www.quadratec.com/products/22202_800.htm
God grant me the serenity to accept the impossible trails I cannot crawl, courage to crawl the twisted trails I can and the wisdom to keep the tire side down.
airforceret

Post by airforceret »

I took a look and I'm not sure with my bumper that it would solve my clearance issue. I really need to go up and over, especially when I get to 35s.

Roger
2001 TJ, ARB Lockers, Teraflex/Full Traction, Currie Anti-Rock, Cepek 33x12.50x15... Moab Tested... Moab Proven!