new project build....

Fabrication, Body work, components and paint

Moderator: Tec Team

CommodoreDiegoFirebeard

new project build....

Post by CommodoreDiegoFirebeard »

Times are tough...time for a small scale build up :lol:

Salvaged this kawaski PW from the neghibor. Mechanicals and electrics are repaired. Broken down, de-stickerd and ready for paint as the Monster Energy ATV. No 6V Nitous circut yet...my 3 year old's not ready...maybe by the fall :badgrin:

I have issues....I know...
moparmatt

Post by moparmatt »

My older brother is into that, He has about 15 jeeps and some others in his yard that my sister in law gets off of freecycle. My he upgrades the wiring in them and and sticks a cheapo lawn mower battery in them. My little nieces do donuts, burn outs and they go fast. Little faster than a garden tractor on full speed.
88 MJ SOA 33"
green50gt

Post by green50gt »

Doesnt look right. I think you should hack off one of the front fenders. :shock: :D
CommodoreDiegoFirebeard

Cold man...cold...
That is my style though...its like missing one hubcap on a Benz...but just a little more ghetto fabulous.

You can get nutty with these things...like most subjects, masive forums are dedicated to modding them. I stick with AGM batts intended for alarm system back ups. More expensive, but sealed and no chance of a leak if its dumped over.
green50gt

Post by green50gt »

You are right, I am sorry man, that was bad. Share your mods when you are finished, or in process, I want to mod my daughters Jeep.
CommodoreDiegoFirebeard

All done....

Back tires are close to being done...but may have a summer left in them :)
stupidweirdo

Post by stupidweirdo »

Here's a possible solution for your tire tread problem. I just cut the side wall out of a dirt bike tire, cut it in half, wrapped it around and screwed it on. I don't recall what size it was but it was the perfect length to do both rears.

It don't get stuck in grass anymore, that's for sure. It's also running on a small automotive battery. :D

sandgirlm

Post by sandgirlm »

Does anyone know where we can get a Jeep Power Wheel for a boy. We looked at Walmart and they only have Barbie (yuck). Want to get one soon so we can modify it for the Grandson.
dirtyjeepgirl
MJC member
MJC member

Post by dirtyjeepgirl »

hey Krystal, are you looking for new? Fisherprice.com has them.
CommodoreDiegoFirebeard

I found the ones I have in the neighbors trash 8)

I have seen them at garage sales in the past and a few on craigslist in the past two weeks . They were asking too much IMO...$100-150 for the non Huricane ones...if it was the Hurricane, not a bad deal

Most need a new battery. A new PW batt is $70...a comp AGM batt is $50(think of it as a small optima, no leakage or explosive out gasing)

I'll keep my eye out for you!
gunguy

Post by gunguy »

I have a buggy I would sell you for $50 do you want some pics?
Blue 1991 XJ, 3" skyjacker, Custom rockers, Lots of triming, 35" MTR's, Tomken front bumper with receiver, JKS disconnects, C-Rok steering brace, Kevins Offroad Heavy Duty Crossmember/Skid, Uparmored floors, Bedliner interior, Lockright in the rear, Aussie in the front