I hacked my XJ!

Fabrication, Body work, components and paint

Moderator: Tec Team

tabfinder
MJC member
MJC member

I hacked my XJ!

Post by tabfinder »

:D Not too shabby....boy was I nervous. Got a start on it....I'll finish this week.

1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ; Rustys Longarm with 9 1/2" total lift; Aftermarket heavy duty bumpers; 35" Goodyear Kevlars on Mickey Thompson rims, gearing and transfer case work to handle them, roof rack, hilift jack, Hellas, Sony 6 speaker sound system.
gunguy

Post by gunguy »

Looks good you'll be ready for 35's in no time. Don't forget to fold over the pinch welds they will eat your tires in nothing flat.
Blue 1991 XJ, 3" skyjacker, Custom rockers, Lots of triming, 35" MTR's, Tomken front bumper with receiver, JKS disconnects, C-Rok steering brace, Kevins Offroad Heavy Duty Crossmember/Skid, Uparmored floors, Bedliner interior, Lockright in the rear, Aussie in the front
VeniVidiVici

Post by VeniVidiVici »

Looks good! Anyone can restore an old car (read JEEP),It takes a real MAN to cut one up

Roland
91 XJ 2d 36" TSLs,6.5 lift ,d30 fr.,d44 rear, locked w/ 4:88s Warn 9.5xp,dual optimas, and alot more. and soon to come rear disc breaks
Buckle Up or Get Out I'm About To Try Something!!
tabfinder
MJC member
MJC member

Post by tabfinder »

gunguy wrote:Looks good you'll be ready for 35's in no time. Don't forget to fold over the pinch welds they will eat your tires in nothing flat.
Do I beat them flat wth a BFH? :D
1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ; Rustys Longarm with 9 1/2" total lift; Aftermarket heavy duty bumpers; 35" Goodyear Kevlars on Mickey Thompson rims, gearing and transfer case work to handle them, roof rack, hilift jack, Hellas, Sony 6 speaker sound system.
CapnDave

Post by CapnDave »

yea i did mine blind i didnt tape just started cutting haha
88 cherokee pioneer chrysler 8.25 dana 30
6.5 inch lift 35" procomp xterrains
green50gt

Post by green50gt »

About time! Capndave thats how you cut up the front of a Cherokee. Tab, on the back if you cut IN BETWEEN the pinch welds you don't have to do anything with a BH, plus it looks classy. Lay some protecto trim down and you have a clean factory look.

Edit. Cut in between every hole in the body, and in turn you will still have some spot weld left, then you can line it with the protecto trim and it will look smooth like silk.

Last edited by green50gt on July 13th, 2009, 8:53 am, edited 5 times in total.
CapnDave

Post by CapnDave »

the rear on mine is done already i need to cut forward from the wheel opening to the bumper
88 cherokee pioneer chrysler 8.25 dana 30
6.5 inch lift 35" procomp xterrains
xjjeepthing

Post by xjjeepthing »

Yep did mine like Derek said. Works nice. Take your time and it will turn out great.
http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/f ... imming.htm
God grant me the serenity to accept the impossible trails I cannot crawl, courage to crawl the twisted trails I can and the wisdom to keep the tire side down.