Looking for Anti-wrap Ideas

Fabrication, Body work, components and paint

Moderator: Tec Team

green50gt

Looking for Anti-wrap Ideas

Post by green50gt »

Looking to see if anybody has seen any cool designs for antiwrap bars? I'm wondering if I can use one of my factory upper control arm mounts as a front mount for the antiwrap bar. I have factory cherokee springs with a add a leaf and figure it might be good insurance to run one. I might change my driving style a bit now since I have a rear axle that is going to be able to handle some abuse.

Post up some pics or links if you know or see anything cool.

Thanks, D
CommodoreDiegoFirebeard

Post by CommodoreDiegoFirebeard »

Mine from last time.

2x2 cross member YJ shakle, 3/4 rod end. 1.5 .125 wall EWS round tube, YJ bushings on the axle side, webbing in antiwrap bar and axle bracket cut from .25 plate. Jeep is / was SOA on re-drilled XJ springs.
I made it out of what I had laying around, so that impacted what I used.
Mocked up out of pvc pipe and cardboard first...no CAD :( Some holes in the plate could have looked cooler. Dunno if i have any more pictures...will look.
Last edited by CommodoreDiegoFirebeard on October 30th, 2009, 1:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
green50gt

Post by green50gt »

Thanks pal! Very helpful!
xj4life

Post by xj4life »

forgive me, but what kind of jeep is this for
CapnDave

Post by CapnDave »

hes building a tj right now leaf sprung in the rear
88 cherokee pioneer chrysler 8.25 dana 30
6.5 inch lift 35" procomp xterrains
xj4life

Post by xj4life »

I just put a traction bar from Liquid Iron Industries on my XJ. They dont offer one for what you're doing but Tim Diekmann is a great fabricator and could probalby get something to work for you. The one I'm running is a really great design and a good price. Poly bushings on the axle end with a nice flex joint on the frame side. Bar itself is very stout and great fab work on it.

http://www.liquidironindustries.com/aboutus.html

Some pics of my traction bar:

http://jeepin.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49041&page=3

Duff

Re: Looking for Anti-wrap Ideas

Post by Duff »

green50gt wrote:Looking to see if anybody has seen any cool designs for antiwrap bars? I'm wondering if I can use one of my factory upper control arm mounts as a front mount for the antiwrap bar. I have factory cherokee springs with a add a leaf and figure it might be good insurance to run one. I might change my driving style a bit now since I have a rear axle that is going to be able to handle some abuse.

Post up some pics or links if you know or see anything cool.

Thanks, D
I have a killer wrap system on Madcow that your welcome to check out anytime. I actually worked hard with Kurt of DIY4x4 to come up with this design. It's basically the system he already designed but its shorter for a Jeep (CJ-7) and we made the bar go off the passenger side due to my PTO drive shaft running on the driver side (blah, blah)... I"m sure its bigger harware then you would use but the design really is kool and Kurt at DIY4X4 really worked with my measurements and input to make me this killer system (Thanks Kurt@DIY4X4)!
Again, if your close to Penn High School in Mishawaka, feel free to stop by...
: 98 TJ : 14" coilovers : 35 TSL : D44/D60 4:88 ARB : Warn 8274 : Snorkel : Lights :
green50gt

Post by green50gt »

Do you have any pictures of this said setup? (not really around the penn area often...maybe twice a year) :? i'd appreciate it, if not maybe ill check it out around Christmas. lol
ROXROES

Post by ROXROES »

One I whipped up quick for a buddies YJ.