Straps

Any towing and winching discussions incl..towing accessories, Hijack, Straps, Links, winches, air inflators, jacks, ect.

Moderator: Tec Team

FyrFytr704

Re: Straps

Post by FyrFytr704 »

I'd recommend the 2". If you're not trying to get a 20 mph start on pulling out a Hummer, you should be fine and you'll end up with plenty of stretch and plenty of capacity to get almost anything unstuck that your Jeep could reasonably pull.
'04 Rubicon, high-lined, stretched to 104" wb, and armored
Stock 4.0, trans., and t-case
HP D60 front - ARB and 3-linked, D60 rear - Spooled and 4-linked, 5.38 gears, PSC assist, 40" LTB's
FINALLY out on the trail after 2 years in the making!
"
J
ust
E
mpty
E
very
P
ocket"
TFERV
CV team
CV team

Re: Straps

Post by TFERV »

I agree with what you are saying. Makes sense to me. I was just going by what everyone else was telling me. As far as what I was saying about frame mounted tow hooks, if they say they are 10k lbs then I would imagine their breaking point would be about 15-20k lbs so 2" strap with 20k breaking point or less would seam to be about right. I would much rather a strap break than have a flying tow hook.
[align=left]
Taylor Fervida

94 Grand ZJ, 6" long arm lift, 35" Cooper STT Pro, locked & trussed 8.8, built HP30, WJ brakes & high steer, diy bumper, winch, SYE w/ F&R shafts, Flowmaster, bla bla bla...
SOLD: 04 LJ, 97 ZJ, 98 ZJ December 2016 J.O.T.M.Narrow Road Adventures - Follow Us on YouTube, Instagram,
Facebook
[/align]Image