updated 06/13/17- 144 MJC members, Club Mtg-2nd Monday of every Month at 6:30pm | MJC A-Store..MJC gets 4 percent orders from this Amazon based storefront...go shopping!!|Check Forum "Announcements" and "Have Fun out there" often for upcomming events and wheel'n opportunities!!!

Larry Carroll 1938-2008

Announcements from the club on Events and MJC news with chatter

Moderator: admin

Larry Carroll 1938-2008

Postby Bruce C. » June 2nd, 2008, 2:26 pm

Please note that Lar passed away on Saturday Morning after a long bout with Cancer.

He truly loved his Jeep Friends.

Friends can visit with family from 11 am to 1 pm Tuesday, June 3 at Stemm-Lawson-Peterson Funeral Home, 1531 Cobblestone Blvd, Elkhart off CR10, with service at 1 pm and burial following in Union.

Memorial can be made to Porter Township Fire Dept.

Bruce C. his brother
Bruce C.

Postby xjjeepthing » June 2nd, 2008, 2:41 pm

This is truly very sad, Lar god speed my friend ,you will be missed. I loved to chat with Lar about racing and sprint cars and midget racing. We even talked about getting to a race together this summer. I'm sorry I will be unable to attend the services , Lenny I hope someone will represent us all.
Last edited by xjjeepthing on June 2nd, 2008, 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God grant me the serenity to accept the impossible trails I cannot crawl, courage to crawl the twisted trails I can and the wisdom to keep the tire side down.
xjjeepthing

Postby MoosemanEwEE » June 2nd, 2008, 3:06 pm

I'm very sorry to hear this. I was thinking of him over the weekend. We talked many times about our Libertys and other stuff in general. I should be able to attend. You will be missed Lar.

- Eric
'04 TJ
MoosemanEwEE

Postby CommodoreDiegoFirebeard » June 2nd, 2008, 3:38 pm

I only met him once when he won JOTM. Stuck me as a nice guy. I too though about him on Saturday... I was wondering why he had not posted or talked about his liberty...ironc, coincidental or someting else...my condolences to his loved ones and all who knew him better.
CommodoreDiegoFirebeard

Lar

Postby Lenny » June 2nd, 2008, 6:06 pm

Truely a good man and Jeep lover. Lar was a big part of the club. Always going out of his way to help at all the events. A real watch dog over the site as well. He will greatly be missed. God Bless his family.
Lenny
Lenny
MJC member
MJC member

Postby rockinxj00 » June 2nd, 2008, 7:07 pm

Lar was a special man who had a very passionate love for Jeeps. I will always remember him for his compassion for the jeep club, the members, and his immediate family of whom he spoke fondly of. My prayers go out to the family. Lar, you will be missed.
Hey Hold My Beer and Watch This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rockinxj00
TEC team
TEC team

condolences

Postby slaytman » June 2nd, 2008, 8:06 pm

Thank you for posting Bruce. I have known Larry since the start of our Club. I was so impressed with his enthusiasim that I convinced him to join me as co-manager of events. Lar rode with me and we shared a room at Silverlake and I was able to get to know Lar pretty well. Lar had wonderfull ideas for the club that help us help our community. He was a very generous and humble man that loved Jeeps and loved jeepers. Lar will surely be missed and our prayers go out to him and his family.
Prez- MJC
When Life Takes A Turn Lean Into It
JOTM-Jan2008, 00 TJ
slaytman youtube channel
slaytman
MJC member
MJC member

Return to Announcements