updated 06/13/17- 144 MJC members, Club Mtg-2nd Monday of every Month at 6:30pm | MJC A-Store..MJC gets 4 percent orders from this Amazon based storefront...go shopping!!|Check Forum "Announcements" and "Have Fun out there" often for upcomming events and wheel'n opportunities!!!

Larry Carroll Scholarship Fund

Announcements from the club on Events and MJC news with chatter

Moderator: admin

Larry Carroll Scholarship Fund

Postby Lenny » December 21st, 2008, 3:20 pm

Larry Carroll (Lar) Scholarship Fund
This fund is in the Memory of Larry Carroll, a dedicated MJC Club Member and a Jeep lover. MJC will give a scholarship to a deserving student that is studying to be an EMT or Auto tech.
Lar was an EMT and loved helping people.
We will except funds at all MJC meeting and functions.
A big thanks to Swamp Thang for getting this started.

What is your most memorable Lar memory. Tell us about it.
Lenny
Lenny
MJC member
MJC member

Postby Only in a » December 21st, 2008, 3:59 pm

Lar and i spent alot of time on the club trailer. witch usually followed with a trip to the oasis for a cold one. I really enjoyed our conversations. lar is one of those guys you could really learn alot from. He will be missed.
Only in a Jeep!
Only in a
CV team
CV team

most memorable

Postby slaytman » December 21st, 2008, 4:06 pm

Most memorable experience for me was at Silverlake. Lar rode up with me and we shared a room at the motel...what a snore monger..almost as bad as you Lenny. Anyways..we where on comp hill at the top and one of our club members made it to the top but not over so ...they where bottomed out. Silverlakers know what I mean on that one. I went around and proceeded to get to his backside to tug him off the crest. I got him hooked up and back in the jeep...well the wind was blowing the sand so hard over the peak that it was a constant downpour of san on Lar and I since I was sporting my koolbreeze safari top (mesh). Lar was cool as a cucumber and stated "we do what we have to". He was always about helping others. Later that day we kindof went off a dropoff and he wacked his arm on my roll bar. Still he stated that that was a blast and he couldn't wait to go wheeln again. He did not do alot of wheeln in his liberty but certainly liked riding with the members.
Prez- MJC
When Life Takes A Turn Lean Into It
JOTM-Jan2008, 00 TJ
slaytman youtube channel
slaytman
MJC member
MJC member

Return to Announcements