Off-Road event

This Forum is reserved for Non-MJC planned events. Post events that are not listed on our club agenda so that others may join you for off roading or any other activity you want to post...be sure to add registration to your post!!

Moderators: CV Team, Tec Team

How much money would you "donate"?

I will not pay money to wheel.
No votes
$20.
73%
$40.
22%
$50.
2%
Over $50
2%

Total votes: 41

dirkrc51

Off-Road event

Post by dirkrc51 »

How much would you pay for a full day of wheelin?

Three tail runs of varying difficulty plus an optional play area.

All the money would go to charity...... possibly Tread Lightly or United Way.
gunguy

Post by gunguy »

Are they really going to go for something like this, or are you just hoping for the best?
Blue 1991 XJ, 3" skyjacker, Custom rockers, Lots of triming, 35" MTR's, Tomken front bumper with receiver, JKS disconnects, C-Rok steering brace, Kevins Offroad Heavy Duty Crossmember/Skid, Uparmored floors, Bedliner interior, Lockright in the rear, Aussie in the front
jeepdj
MJC member
MJC member

Post by jeepdj »

Better yet. With the holidays coming I have someone who can give me names of deserving families right here in our community that could use help with Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. We do this at our Mason's Lodge. We pick 2 families for each holiday and take them a complete dinner. We Free Mason's do not take any recongonition for this, it's just our way, but we as a club could alert the media and get some good and free PR, which may increase our membership and bring light to the other things that we do to help in our community. We could tie it in with the coat drive or something else the first time out.

I have a bad taste in my mouth about the United Way ever since I found out there CEO was making millions a year. If we give them money, who's to say it will be spent here?
If we take the bull by the horns and do this ourselves, "WE KNOW where the money is gonna go".
03 Grand Cherokee WJ, which stand for WILD JEEP. JK 17's, BFG Muds, 3" lift,
Stillen Big Brakes/Rotors,front tow hooks, rear D ring, cargo basket.
dirkrc51

Post by dirkrc51 »

I'm not real excited about the united way either.

The event wouldn't happen until mid summer, but I need see what kind of interest and how much money could be rasied.

I'm kind of suprised that people who spend thousands of dollars on their rigs, only want to spend $20. to drive them somewhere.
97 TJ LT1
OiRadio47

Post by OiRadio47 »

maybe i missed it....but where is this going to be :?:
dirkrc51

Post by dirkrc51 »

I'm not able to release that info until I get approval. One location is near town on very establised trail system. Might have a back-up location also.
I will release the information ASAP.
97 TJ LT1
Run4lo

Post by Run4lo »

I wouldn't have a problem paying $40 to wheel as long as it's a decent trail and isn't 200 miles away. If I am going to drive that far I'd just go to the Badlands.
If there's a Rock, YO I'll crawl it!
Check out the looks while my JK devours it!
Rocks, rocks, baby!
IH8MUD OlllllllO IH8MUD
JOTM Jan. 07 & Sept 10 - MIGS
airforceret

Post by airforceret »

My $20 vote was based on the lack of details for the event.

If the trails sounded inviting enough and were reasonably close to home, I would not hesitate to jump to $40, but that is about my limit for anything local.

Roger
2001 TJ, ARB Lockers, Teraflex/Full Traction, Currie Anti-Rock, Cepek 33x12.50x15... Moab Tested... Moab Proven!
rockinxj00
TEC team
TEC team

Post by rockinxj00 »

thats how i voted as well. $20 vote with no details. once we have decent details, I wouldn't hesitate either.
Hey Hold My Beer and Watch This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Boulderdash

Post by Boulderdash »

Where is the offroad place located???
Current Ride
2012 JKU. Cut off all factory suspension and replaced with Terraflex Long arms. 06 Super Duty Dana 60 front housing shaved and trussed to fit. 01 D-Max 14 bolt rear axle trussed with new link locations. ARB air lockers front and back powered by twin ARB compressors. Custom rock rail/steps, poor mans stubby factory bumper with SB 10K winch mounted to custom hidden winch mount, hydro assist with tapped steering box and ram cut factory fenders to clear 40" Pro Comps. Too much more to list....PS. No additional lighting needed to wheel the curbs around here.
dirkrc51

Post by dirkrc51 »

It's made it past the first hertel, but it still needs to get past a couple more before I can let the cat out of the bag. I should know by the end of the month.

The goal would be to raise over $2000 for Autism Speaks. We would need to get 60+ trucks for the one day activity.

I don't want anyone to get their hopes up. It's still 50-50 right now.
97 TJ LT1
wileyeyejeep
CV team
CV team

Post by wileyeyejeep »

For a charity run, I would certainly be willing to pay more
1998 RED Wrangler. 3.5" custom lift. 31" Wild Country MTX, Custom rear bumper, Millmark front winch bumper, 12000 Badlands Winch, custom rocksliders and many more mods to come. Not your average stock rig. JOTM November 2010. Proud member of the RED JEEP CLUB
green50gt

Post by green50gt »

Yeah, if it's for a good cause, I'm in.
bullyjeep98

Post by bullyjeep98 »

If its for a charity especially autism I would definatly throw down more cash. I am sure alot of others would also.
88 MJ,Green Bead Locks, D44 front with air locker, D44 rear with spool, alloy usa axles and 5.13's, 36in. swamper tsl's, RK long arms four squirrels under the hood, And strait sheet metal, for now
Bully Off Road
slaytman
MJC member
MJC member

good deal

Post by slaytman »

dirk...you should pm batjeep about this. I know he wants to raise money for autism as well and may be able to help you out. I'm in if it's a reasonable distance and it is certainly a good cause...keep us in the loop.
Retired Prez 09-20 , Founder VP 07-09
When Life Takes A Turn Lean Into It
JOTM-Jan2008, 00 TJ
slaytman youtube channel
dirkrc51

Post by dirkrc51 »

Thanks, Batjeep suggested the charity. Once I get approval for the property, I'll start looking for some help.
97 TJ LT1
Jeepguy91

Post by Jeepguy91 »

I would be in as long as its not real far away. Would love to help out a charity.
dirkrc51

Batjeep

Post by dirkrc51 »

I need to talk to batjeep about the event. I have left him a PM but haven't recieved a response. If some is able to get in touch with him, have him PM, or email me ASAP.
Dirkrc51@comcast. net
97 TJ LT1
Grayson

Post by Grayson »

Yeah i would love to do some wheeling and donate.
98 Zj
3"Pro-Comp lift
31x10.5 Adventuro M/T
KOOBI

Post by KOOBI »

FOR A CHARITY RUN I WOULD PLOP DOWN 40 BUCKS. KEEP US POSTED IF THIS IS STILL A POSSIBILITY.
PARADOX DEFINED
"THIS STATEMENT IS FALSE"; IS IT?
YEAH- THINK ABOUT IT.

'88 YJ TUB, HOOD, GRILL, AND FRAME SITTING ON 3/4 TON CHEVY DRIVETRAIN

'89 GRAND WAGONEER (STOCK)