updated 06/13/17- 144 MJC members, Club Mtg-2nd Monday of every Month at 6:30pm | MJC A-Store..MJC gets 4 percent orders from this Amazon based storefront...go shopping!!|Check Forum "Announcements" and "Have Fun out there" often for upcomming events and wheel'n opportunities!!!

float comittee needed for 4H fair parade July 24th

We will do our best to keep things running smooth unless we are out on the trail.

Moderator: admin

Options Registrations Registered On
I CAN HELP

5 registrations.
slaytman
Tagalong
TwoToTango
ewhawn
inky
April 15th, 2011, 9:15 pm
April 18th, 2011, 12:08 pm
April 28th, 2011, 7:36 am
June 17th, 2016, 6:47 pm
July 31st, 2016, 6:02 pm

float comittee needed for 4H fair parade July 24th

Postby slaytman » March 31st, 2011, 9:45 am

Never too soon to plan. Last year we where restricted to 12 vehicles. We talked about a float.
Need volunteers to form a float comittee for this year if thats what we want to persue...otherwise we will have 12 jeeps only again for parade.

Idea was to pull a flatbed trailer or more so that folks can ride on the trailer. Would plan on having our club trailer in the parade as well.

I can generate concepts and drawings for the comittee.

sign-up
Prez- MJC
When Life Takes A Turn Lean Into It
JOTM-Jan2008, 00 TJ
slaytman youtube channel
slaytman
MJC member
MJC member

Postby speeduck » March 31st, 2011, 1:35 pm

12???
that stinks.... hey John how bout three of them and the RTI ramp, one pulling the ramp, and two of them going up the ramp once in awhile to show off some flex. the towing jeep to stop of course to let someone drive up the ramp, and only one jeep at a time going up ramp of course....(i have this idea stuck in my head!)
"05 rubicon"1006RTI ramp/4"susp long arm/UCF belly up/xrc bumpers/T-max 10,000/cobra 29/motometal 909's/35's Falken Wildpeaks/kilby steerbox skid/quick double disconect sway/member of the endoclub"member of the red jeep club"
speeduck
CV team
CV team

Postby Mediocre » March 31st, 2011, 2:11 pm

We had Orange Rubi doing that last year using another Jeep's front tire. The Ham.
[___ :smt023 ]
(O lllllll O)
[ ]---o--[ ]
Mediocre
MJC member
MJC member

Postby speeduck » March 31st, 2011, 3:31 pm

oh.... and to think i thought i had some kind of original thought there....
"05 rubicon"1006RTI ramp/4"susp long arm/UCF belly up/xrc bumpers/T-max 10,000/cobra 29/motometal 909's/35's Falken Wildpeaks/kilby steerbox skid/quick double disconect sway/member of the endoclub"member of the red jeep club"
speeduck
CV team
CV team

Postby slaytman » April 1st, 2011, 7:29 pm

speeduck wrote:oh.... and to think i thought i had some kind of original thought there....
you do....pulling the rti ramp is backwards. The ramp would have to be on a trailer and that would be a bit dangerous...unluss we figured away to pull the ramp backwards on the ground..hmmmm
Prez- MJC
JOTM-Jan2008, 00 TJ
slaytman youtube channel
slaytman
MJC member
MJC member

Postby speeduck » April 2nd, 2011, 6:21 am

i was thinking sprung casters, pneumatic of course, that way it would work like a rolling ladder, and as soon as more than its own weight was on it it would stab down to the ground....and not move anywhere until the jeep that was on it back off of it.
anyway, its just a silly idea i have in my head,
speeduck
CV team
CV team

Postby treehugger » April 2nd, 2011, 8:03 pm

Strap the ramp to a trailer with a spotter or a line marked to limit ascent, the G.P. will never know its a safe point to stop. Have two or three jeeps rotate climbing the trailer and ramp.
84 CJ7 351w, t18 tranny, 2 1/2" rustys offroad lift, 2" shackle lift, 3" body lift,35" Goodyear MTRs, Dana 44 full width scout axles, front tube fenders, comp cut rear quarters. The build continuous.
treehugger

Postby green50gt » April 3rd, 2011, 10:44 am

The 12 who were able to particpate last year I assume get to sit out while 12 new Jeeps will be able to step in? Or how is that going to work?
green50gt

Postby dirtyjeepgirl » April 3rd, 2011, 1:49 pm

Well I participated last year and I will participate this year! Jay and I have been invloved with the fair for years and we will not be sitting out on this event!
2000 TJ, 4 inch lift, 33 in BF Goodrich mud terrain
Millmark front bumper
GOT MUD??
LIFE IS GOOD! Keep Smiling!
dirtyjeepgirl
MJC member
MJC member

Postby Swamp Thang » April 3rd, 2011, 3:51 pm

I don't have a problem with new people being able to participate in the fair parade. What we should do is make our own float. Doing it this way let's ALL who wish to participate the opportunity to do so.

Here is where the question comes in. If we do a float I am quite sure many of those who want to participate will drop out because a float involves a lot of work and you will NOT be driving your jeep in the parade. We would literally make a float just like most other groups. Pull a trailer with a tractor with a scene involving a jeep on the trailer. You can ride the trailer or walk beside.

I would be honored to coordinate this as I have been involved in 4H for over 35 years. I also have contacts for tractors and trailers. If we build a fairly light (weight wise) float we could conceivably pull it with one of our jeeps. Building a float allows us to be flexible in the way we make it. We could still have several jeeps driving alongside the float.

Let's get creative! Say the word John and I'll have people working on this float by the middle of May!
On a warm night when the JEEPS are quiet...you can hear a truck rust!
Swamp Thang
MJC member
MJC member

Postby speeduck » April 3rd, 2011, 4:22 pm

sounds like a reasonable idea green, its a case of fair is fair......
speeduck
CV team
CV team

Re:

Postby Rubble » April 10th, 2011, 7:43 pm

green50gt wrote:The 12 who were able to particpate last year I assume get to sit out while 12 new Jeeps will be able to step in? Or how is that going to work?

Derek will be fine as long as we don't have to register what type of jeep. He will change rides 5 or 6 times before the fair. LOL
Derek.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
03 Wrangler a few add ons
93 ZJ winter beater (sold)
Rubble

Re:

Postby slaytman » April 11th, 2011, 12:35 am

Swamp Thang wrote:I don't have a problem with new people being able to participate in the fair parade. What we should do is make our own float. Doing it this way let's ALL who wish to participate the opportunity to do so.

Here is where the question comes in. If we do a float I am quite sure many of those who want to participate will drop out because a float involves a lot of work and you will NOT be driving your jeep in the parade. We would literally make a float just like most other groups. Pull a trailer with a tractor with a scene involving a jeep on the trailer. You can ride the trailer or walk beside.

I would be honored to coordinate this as I have been involved in 4H for over 35 years. I also have contacts for tractors and trailers. If we build a fairly light (weight wise) float we could conceivably pull it with one of our jeeps. Building a float allows us to be flexible in the way we make it. We could still have several jeeps driving alongside the float.

Let's get creative! Say the word John and I'll have people working on this float by the middle of May!

Will bring this up at the meeting...You have stated this well. All who want to participate are welcome. As far as Bill and I are concerned you have the WORD. 4H fair is always a good time.
Prez- MJC
JOTM-Jan2008, 00 TJ
slaytman youtube channel
slaytman
MJC member
MJC member

Re: float comittee needed for 4H fair parade July 24th

Postby Finch » April 13th, 2011, 10:11 pm

i know i dont have the prettiest jeep in the world but i would love to try and represent the club in the parade
Be kind, be courteous and be careful but more importantly.. JEEP HARD OR GO HOME!!!
2000 Jeep Cherokee, all stock for now. KM2's in the future with some lift.
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash ... 6775_n.jpg
Finch

Postby speeduck » April 14th, 2011, 6:21 am

i also know i do not have the prettiest jeep in the club, but would be willing to drive in the parade also.
speeduck
CV team
CV team

Postby erschrader » April 14th, 2011, 9:19 am

To bad we ALL can't be in the parade like it used to be .......... just my 2 cents !!
97TJ 4.0 4inch Superlift Front SwayBar Disconnect
BFG.AT33s
Warn XD9000Winch
Rear Locker Magnaflow Exhaust
Bandit Rear Bumper tire carrier
HAVE FUN DON'T BREAK ANYTHING
I'am A Member RED JEEP CLUB J.O.T.M 3/10
http://photobucket.com/erschrader
http://youtube.com/erschrader
erschrader

Postby jv » April 14th, 2011, 3:48 pm

Heh, heh, heh... NONE of you's guys with the [glow=red]RED[/glow] Jeeps are even close to pretty.
95 YJ 4.0
jv
MJC member
MJC member

Postby speeduck » April 15th, 2011, 6:40 am

i think i heard something about an all red jeep club, an all blue jeep club and an all white jeep club, we could triple our entries....heheheh
jv wrote:Heh, heh, heh... NONE of you's guys with the [glow=red]RED[/glow] Jeeps are even close to pretty.

I know i'm not pretty, but my red jeep sure is!........heheheh :smt005
speeduck
CV team
CV team

Postby shrek » April 27th, 2011, 2:25 pm

COUNT ME IN THE CONVERSATION - im heading out of town that week but might be able to postpone for a day - heading to ny for some vacation time with my daughter and grand daughter - anyway speak to me all mighty one for that i may follow your words.
it aint easy being green!!!!!!!
shrek
MJC member
MJC member

Postby ewhawn » June 17th, 2016, 6:47 pm

Kirsten and I can help
ewhawn
MJC member
MJC member

Return to Help, Comments & Suggestions