updated 06/13/17- 144 MJC members, Club Mtg-2nd Monday of every Month at 6:30pm | MJC A-Store..MJC gets 4 percent orders from this Amazon based storefront...go shopping!!|Check Forum "Announcements" and "Have Fun out there" often for upcomming events and wheel'n opportunities!!!

Monthly Meeting Manners

We will do our best to keep things running smooth unless we are out on the trail.

Moderator: admin

Postby White Rubi » March 16th, 2011, 3:35 pm

Ok a lot of interresting reading and great input and very well put. I too agree and to take blame for socially. Par taking in.
We have near 190 some members and only a few attend each months meeting just to see what's going on. . Jong and bill have done so much for this club. Hats off to them.
But im going turn this. A bit to club participation in sponsored and none sponsored events. Wow you talk.about lack of people and jeeps at these things. Out of 190 or so members at best we have 12-15 jeeps and people attend that's sad. Some of you want to.complain. then show up and play or enjoy the outings. Not just play a jeeper in your arm chair at home.
you all praise john and bill for there tireless effort in running this club. Well join in and help in person.
05. LJ rubi with 454tbi and th400 trans with 241OR t-case.
Member of the Big Block Jeep club
6in RC lift 3in body
38x14.5x16 toyos on procomp wheels

http://www.youtube.com/koalacat
http://s816.photobucket.com/home/koalacat_photo/index
White Rubi
TEC team
TEC team

Postby jeepdj » March 16th, 2011, 7:03 pm

This is awesome.........

What I see are members communicating their frustrations and options and wants and needs. You know what that means? That's means we have growing pains and a good health discussion like this is always the best way to get to the heart of the matter. We all agree that John and Bill are doing an excellent job with what they have to work with. I'm sure that this post will help elevate the club to a new level of consideration of everyone opinions and what they want from our club.

I do agree with Orange Rubi about club participation. Maybe this will be the next hurdle to navigate over. Remember, "Nothing is perfect". In 4 short years we have came along way. Let's not take the FUN out of our monthly meetings but we do need to subdue the jocularity and keep it before or after.
03 Grand Cherokee WJ, which stand for WILD JEEP. JK 17's, BFG Muds, 3" lift,
Stillen Big Brakes/Rotors,front tow hooks, rear D ring, cargo basket.
jeepdj
MJC member
MJC member

Re: Monthly Meeting Manners

Postby shrek » April 28th, 2011, 2:10 pm

I think the dialogue is necessary - it would be nice to have our officers chime in here and see what we can do to get the problems fixed from their perspective - yes i know follow ettiquette - but ultimately the leadership - and im not placing blame - is the one to set the tone. so please prez and vp do what is necessary for this to change and get some of the members back. im a new member here and most of you that have spoken to me know i am not a shy person and i say what i feel. well i feel that having more people around to learn from - because i am ignorant to a lot of things about my jeep - would be great. this is why i joined commaraderie and commonality. no one that has never driven a jeep can understand. if i had driven one of these when i was younger this is all that i would have driven. anyway lets do what we need to to get the members back at the meetings - i cant tell you who said it but im a firm believer in "the more the merrier". if you dont believe this try to throw a party with one person.
it aint easy being green!!!!!!!
shrek
MJC member
MJC member

Postby jv » April 28th, 2011, 3:22 pm

I couldn't be more pleased with how well things have gone. More chairs have been put out, I can hear our presentation and I think that much of what's been discussed has been addressed, resolved or taken into consideration. This is, in my opinion, a testament to our strength as a club and our prez'z ablity to lead. If there are folks that don't come around for any other reason that moving out of the area, maybe the next step is to get ahold of them and find out why. I have learned so much from this group and continue to- it makes for an enjoyable experience I wouldn't have had without everyone here. I'm actively seeking people out that don't belong and inviting them to come. Maybe we could do something similar in re-inviting those that haven't been around lately?
jv
95 YJ 4.0
jv
MJC member
MJC member

Postby Finch » April 28th, 2011, 11:01 pm

I have an idea on how to maybe keep the noise down. We could do like the boy scouts do, have the person speaking like John or Bill raise their hand and stop speaking until everyone else raises their hand to signifie that he has their attention. i mean i know it sounds goofy but my teacher does it all the time to all of us seniors and it seems to work well.
Be kind, be courteous and be careful but more importantly.. JEEP HARD OR GO HOME!!!
2000 Jeep Cherokee, all stock for now. KM2's in the future with some lift.
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash ... 6775_n.jpg
Finch

Postby slaytman » May 17th, 2011, 12:07 am

Going into our 5th year as a club I enjoy watching issues get worked out. This forum gives us the freedom of speach to express our opinions. We will never fully agree on anything but if we respect each others opinions and learn to do what we feel is best we get right through it. I don't feel there is a mannerism issue anymore. We just needed to pull back a bit and get back on track. I would like to see more involvment of our clubbers. Mostly in participation of events. We usually have a handle on the help from our core group...the ones that do enjoy to participate. We had a blast down at Badlands. I am a jeeper just like the rest of you. I have issues with my rig..cracked windshield..slipping tranny..strange noises. I look forward to going offroading when I can. The best way for me to remember you is to go wheelin and camping. The more times Bill and I see you the better friends we become. Joe Rowles aka Shrek..great talk we had at the campground. I learned more about photography and you found out what photogammetry is about..loved it. I also enjoyed tightening down your spark plug cap after your encounter with a sippy hole. A hole much like the one I encountered in 2007 and 2009?
Bill and My goal for the club is for the club to grow as friendships grow. If you don't like something then do something about it. I heard "bring back the old members" how about "get aquanted with the new ones"? The list will continually change..I respect those who fall off that list as well as those who are on it. Lives change...have fun out there when you can. My hope for the club is that we can have multiple leaders that bring fresh ideas and resources to the table...making jeep events more enjoyable each time we go out.
With all this said .. I'm still in it for the fun!! now you know why I don't post too often here or on Facebook..I just talk WAYYY TOO MUCH...cu all soon enough... one last... had a blast at Badlands..love that place. wish we had 150 jeepers there!!!!
Prez- MJC
When Life Takes A Turn Lean Into It
JOTM-Jan2008, 00 TJ
slaytman youtube channel
slaytman
MJC member
MJC member

Postby jv » May 17th, 2011, 7:50 am

+1 :smt023 I'll say it again... Hats off to John, Bill and the rest of our leaders... They do it for the love of the club, their rigs and for the like-minded folks that love theirs.

Thank You!
95 YJ 4.0
jv
MJC member
MJC member

Previous

Return to Help, Comments & Suggestions