updated 06/13/17- 144 MJC members, Club Mtg-2nd Monday of every Month at 6:30pm | MJC A-Store..MJC gets 4 percent orders from this Amazon based storefront...go shopping!!|Check Forum "Announcements" and "Have Fun out there" often for upcomming events and wheel'n opportunities!!!

lacking at lochmundy

We will do our best to keep things running smooth unless we are out on the trail.

Moderator: admin

Re: lacking at lochmundy

Postby mountainman » May 8th, 2012, 6:01 pm

We have had two incidents with them and the last time we were in there and they screwed up and my wife said to them they lost our buisness and you guys did wrong getting rid of Anthony
mountainman

Postby Duff » May 9th, 2012, 9:10 am

sandfox wrote:ok here is my lacking at lochmandy story, i called them this morning to order $500 worth of chrome double tube bumpers, front and rear 8) (from 4wd hardware ) i was told by the parts guy ,that they would not be able to order them till they recieved a new credit card ,because the one they use with 4wd was expired, i said ,so you have no idea when you could order them, he replied yes, i said ,i will just call 4wd direct and order them, he said .. ok

ok now you can give me a hard time for chrome double tube bumpers :lol:

That's too bad. Someone (probably a Lochmundy) needs to find out what has gone wrong in the parts department.
I'm guessing those are for Vera's Jeep, yes??? lol...
: 98 TJ : 14" coilovers : 35 TSL : D44/D60 4:88 ARB : Warn 8274 : Snorkel : Lights :
Duff

Postby Matt » May 9th, 2012, 9:47 am

Duff wrote:I was a "Wrench" at a GM dealership all through college (got all my ASE certs etc) and I can tell ya from my experience that a shop like Lochmundy most likely has a few real goto guys and probably a fair number of lessor "Mech's", and shops really have to do this because the top Mech's with all thier cert's, and experience don't come cheap. The unfortunate thing is sometimes a lessor mech can miss something, but also a bigger shop like Lochmundy can afford to stand behind thier work, and parts. Also, a OEM shop like Lochmundy will send thier people to Chrysler specific training, where mom and pop shops can't afford that for thier guys.
I guess what I'm trying say... I'm sure Lochmundy has some serious talent in thier garage capable of fixing some pretty serious problems, breaks however are not typically seen as a tough diagnoses (perhaps the top driveability guy was not work'in on ur rig). IDK, just saying...

I agree with you I understand that they can't have only the best mechanics working on all the vehicles in the shop but after this it seems that they will take anyone off the street and let them work on your car, yes brake problems can be hard to diagnose but when I get a brake line replaced and when you hit the brake it sprays brake fluid out of where the line connects to the disc brake and the guy who installed it claimed the master was bad it really says that the "mechanic" was poor to say the least, I'm not saying that all the technicians there are piss poor, I do believe that they have some world class workers, however they have at least one that shouldn't be trusted to do as much as Change a air filter without supervision. It only takes one bad brake line to send your jeep into another car possibly harming, or even killing yourself and your family but also the unfortunate people in the car you hit, it only takes one tire falling off at 70 mph to send your jeep into a guard rail, off a bridge, into another car and doing as I said before. So to say they may only have one bad technician is still way to much of a risk than I'm willing to take.
Jeep KJ on 35s, front and rear lockers, front winch, Mile Marker 16,000 pound hydraulic rear winch, Warn XD9000 both have 1/2 inch viking synthetic line, front ARB bumper, custom rear bumper, and so much more.

Jeep XJ -1114 RTI- on 44" sticky compound super swampers, locked, lifted, stretched, long armed, on built Dana 60s comp cut 5.13 gears Mile Marker 8k waterproof winch lots more.

January 2014 JOTM
September 2016
Matt
TEC team
TEC team

Postby sandfox » May 9th, 2012, 11:34 am

Duff wrote:
sandfox wrote:ok here is my lacking at lochmandy story, i called them this morning to order $500 worth of chrome double tube bumpers, front and rear 8) (from 4wd hardware ) i was told by the parts guy ,that they would not be able to order them till they recieved a new credit card ,because the one they use with 4wd was expired, i said ,so you have no idea when you could order them, he replied yes, i said ,i will just call 4wd direct and order them, he said .. ok

That's too bad. Someone (probably a Lochmundy) needs to find out what has gone wrong in the parts department.

ya vera's, are you stalking me ??
2013 jku sahara, 2.5 teraflex lift, 315 series generals, 410 gears ,just the new dune toy
2009 jku rubicon, 4"teraflex, 315 tires, 410 gears, oh did I mention 5.7 HEMI ?
APRIL 2010 J.O.T.M

wranglers i have had, 98 sport, 97 se, 88yj, 02 X, 01 sport, 05 X, 05 se, 99 sport, 98 se ,07 jk rubi, 05 x, 98sport, 2010 jku sport, 2013 jku sahara, 04 lj sport. 06 libby, 2009 jku HEMI , 80 j20, 04 lj sport, 03 tj X,
looking for 00 & 06
sandfox
TEC team
TEC team

Postby sandfox » May 9th, 2012, 11:36 am

Matt wrote:
Duff wrote:I was a "Wrench" at a GM dealership all through college (got all my ASE certs etc) and I can tell ya from my experience that a shop like Lochmundy most likely has a few real goto guys and probably a fair number of lessor "Mech's", and shops really have to do this because the top Mech's with all thier cert's, and experience don't come cheap. The unfortunate thing is sometimes a lessor mech can miss something, but also a bigger shop like Lochmundy can afford to stand behind thier work, and parts. Also, a OEM shop like Lochmundy will send thier people to Chrysler specific training, where mom and pop shops can't afford that for thier guys.
I guess what I'm trying say... I'm sure Lochmundy has some serious talent in thier garage capable of fixing some pretty serious problems, breaks however are not typically seen as a tough diagnoses (perhaps the top driveability guy was not work'in on ur rig). IDK, just saying...

I agree with you I understand that they can't have only the best mechanics working on all the vehicles in the shop but after this it seems that they will take anyone off the street and let them work on your car, yes brake problems can be hard to diagnose but when I get a brake line replaced and when you hit the brake it sprays brake fluid out of where the line connects to the disc brake and the guy who installed it claimed the master was bad it really says that the "mechanic" was poor to say the least, I'm not saying that all the technicians there are piss poor, I do believe that they have some world class workers, however they have at least one that shouldn't be trusted to do as much as Change a air filter without supervision. It only takes one bad brake line to send your jeep into another car possibly harming, or even killing yourself and your family but also the unfortunate people in the car you hit, it only takes one tire falling off at 70 mph to send your jeep into a guard rail, off a bridge, into another car and doing as I said before. So to say they may only have one bad technician is still way to much of a risk than I'm willing to take.

the service manager should of had a better tech look at it ,when this tech was having a problem
2013 jku sahara, 2.5 teraflex lift, 315 series generals, 410 gears ,just the new dune toy
2009 jku rubicon, 4"teraflex, 315 tires, 410 gears, oh did I mention 5.7 HEMI ?
APRIL 2010 J.O.T.M

wranglers i have had, 98 sport, 97 se, 88yj, 02 X, 01 sport, 05 X, 05 se, 99 sport, 98 se ,07 jk rubi, 05 x, 98sport, 2010 jku sport, 2013 jku sahara, 04 lj sport. 06 libby, 2009 jku HEMI , 80 j20, 04 lj sport, 03 tj X,
looking for 00 & 06
sandfox
TEC team
TEC team

Postby Duff » May 9th, 2012, 1:38 pm

sandfox wrote:
Duff wrote:

ya vera's, are you stalking me ??

No, I sent Vera to you... Now ya see how the stalk really works... he he he...
: 98 TJ : 14" coilovers : 35 TSL : D44/D60 4:88 ARB : Warn 8274 : Snorkel : Lights :
Duff

Previous

Return to Help, Comments & Suggestions