New dash for 2011

Wrangler YJ('87-'95) TJ('97-'06) JK/JKL('06-Present)

Moderators: CV Team, Tec Team

Do you like the new dash?

it rocks
11%
it lacks
78%
no comment
11%

Total votes: 18

slaytman
MJC member
MJC member

New dash for 2011

Post by slaytman »

Still letting this new dash soak in. I think the switches could be located higher and Liberty style window controls are not my bag but it looks very ergonomic and has a soft bolster on the passenger.
Retired Prez 09-20 , Founder VP 07-09
When Life Takes A Turn Lean Into It
JOTM-Jan2008, 00 TJ
slaytman youtube channel
bondojones

2011 interior

Post by bondojones »

The new interior is more modern and chromeified. Do you want a Lexus Jeep? I think I would like it to look a little more primative and rugged. I sat in one the other day and thought the seats were more comfortable but the steering wheel is a little sissyish for me. Now IF it had the 290 hp engine..... THAT would be worth while. ( if the rest of the drive train would handle it!) On the other hand it does look GREAT for a mall crawler like most of them turn out to be. 8)
93 Jeep Wrangler with some "modifications"
CapnDave

Post by CapnDave »

i like my yj dash haha
88 cherokee pioneer chrysler 8.25 dana 30
6.5 inch lift 35" procomp xterrains
Mediocre
MJC member
MJC member

Post by Mediocre »

Way too car like for my tastes. I miss the old CJ metal painted dash of days gone by. I like hard surfaces to make cleaning the dust/mud splatter off easier. Can you imagine trying to get the dirt out of that funky slotted shifter? The steering wheel really turns me off with the integrated controls. Every extra button adds 4 cracks to get dust and dirt out of.

I know they are trying to make it more hospitable for the masses, mall crawlers, but it has lost the Jeep feeling. Face it, that is why we wave at each other. We know the other person puts up with leaky tops, road noise, rough ride, lack of power, and lack of cargo space. We recognize their sacrifice to drive the best off road vehicle ever and wave or tip our hat in respect to their character.
[___ :smt023 ]
(O lllllll O)
[ ]---o--[ ]
VeniVidiVici

Post by VeniVidiVici »

Can You say European SUV FIAT!!!
91 XJ 2d 36" TSLs,6.5 lift ,d30 fr.,d44 rear, locked w/ 4:88s Warn 9.5xp,dual optimas, and alot more. and soon to come rear disc breaks
Buckle Up or Get Out I'm About To Try Something!!
jeepdj
MJC member
MJC member

Post by jeepdj »

I'm thinking alot of carbon fiber, white face gauges and elimate the area where mud and dirt can get in. But I also agree with Bondo, they are building most of these for soccor moms who get dirty driving through mud puddles. Maybe a off road design should be made available. I'm sure cost issues prevent that though.

Chrome don't get you home.
03 Grand Cherokee WJ, which stand for WILD JEEP. JK 17's, BFG Muds, 3" lift,
Stillen Big Brakes/Rotors,front tow hooks, rear D ring, cargo basket.
Duff

Post by Duff »

When the dash says "Since 1941"...
IT BETTER HAVE SOME 1941 INFLUNCE AND THERE AINT NONE!!! :evil:

Want a soccer mom ride, that's fine - Get rid of the 1941 reference THANKS!!! :D

I thought Wranglers were suppose to be the working man's ride (so to speak) - why are they Lexus-ing it up??? :roll:
: 98 TJ : 14" coilovers : 35 TSL : D44/D60 4:88 ARB : Warn 8274 : Snorkel : Lights :
wileyeyejeep
CV team
CV team

Post by wileyeyejeep »

Don't like it and most of the reasons were given. There are more, but Chrysler could care less. :x
1998 RED Wrangler. 3.5" custom lift. 31" Wild Country MTX, Custom rear bumper, Millmark front winch bumper, 12000 Badlands Winch, custom rocksliders and many more mods to come. Not your average stock rig. JOTM November 2010. Proud member of the RED JEEP CLUB
Mediocre
MJC member
MJC member

Post by Mediocre »

In front of the transfer case lever there is a knob positions marked L-O-R. That would be a remote mirror adjustment I believe. The auto temperature control is new too. Yeah that's roughin' it.
(O lllllll O)
[ ]---o--[ ]
Run4lo

Post by Run4lo »

Hey look the rear gate is open! :roll:
If there's a Rock, YO I'll crawl it!
Check out the looks while my JK devours it!
Rocks, rocks, baby!
IH8MUD OlllllllO IH8MUD
JOTM Jan. 07 & Sept 10 - MIGS
bondojones

DASH

Post by bondojones »

Ed, LOOK AT THE DASH !!!! THE DASH!!! Yes I see the outside is RED...Look at the DASH :lol:
93 Jeep Wrangler with some "modifications"
Mediocre
MJC member
MJC member

Post by Mediocre »

I had to look hard for identifying items like the windshield rest bumpers and tie downs on the hood to know it was a Wrangler. Other than that I would believe it is the inside of a Grand Cherokee or Lexus as someone mentioned.
(O lllllll O)
[ ]---o--[ ]
Run4lo

Post by Run4lo »

Yeah, I hear that they will only offer this Mall-Crawler dash on Red models... something about them not being real Jeeps or whatever!!! :lol:
Rocks, rocks, baby!
IH8MUD OlllllllO IH8MUD
Mediocre
MJC member
MJC member

Post by Mediocre »

Oh that is low Run4lo! You need to run with me, my Jeep would make your Jeep RED with envy!
(O lllllll O)
[ ]---o--[ ]
Run4lo

Post by Run4lo »

Mediocre wrote:Oh that is low Run4lo! You need to run with me, my Jeep would make your Jeep RED with envy!
:lol: I need to run with someone, somewhere, sometime soon... my Jeep misses the off-road! So, I guess I can't talk... :smt069
Rocks, rocks, baby!
IH8MUD OlllllllO IH8MUD
Run4lo

Post by Run4lo »

erschrader wrote:Ok run4Lo fall color run is comming up soon see you there !!!!!!!!!! 8)
Can't make that either... My son has a hockey game in Chicago.
Rocks, rocks, baby!
IH8MUD OlllllllO IH8MUD
wileyeyejeep
CV team
CV team

Post by wileyeyejeep »

Run4lo wrote:
Mediocre wrote:Oh that is low Run4lo! You need to run with me, my Jeep would make your Jeep RED with envy!
:lol: I need to run with someone, somewhere, sometime soon... my Jeep misses the off-road! So, I guess I can't talk... :smt069
Jason, Give me a call anytime. I will take you out around Allegan whenever you want my friend. That is if you want to wheel with a Red Jeep. :lol:

Just kiddin buddy, but the offer is always there for you when you can make it.
1998 RED Wrangler. 3.5" custom lift. 31" Wild Country MTX, Custom rear bumper, Millmark front winch bumper, 12000 Badlands Winch, custom rocksliders and many more mods to come. Not your average stock rig. JOTM November 2010. Proud member of the RED JEEP CLUB