My Bumper Build

Fabrication, Body work, components and paint

Moderator: Tec Team

bullyjeep98

My Bumper Build

Post by bullyjeep98 »

Nobody makes a bumper for a Cherokee that accepts a Warn 8274 winch so I decided to make my own. In doing so I decided to post a little build thread. I made this thing as I built it, no pre planning or drawings. Let me know what ya think. Hope It works.

The start
The cosmetic part
I still have a little bit to do but so far I have around six hours into this thing it better hold DAMMIT! :lol:
88 MJ,Green Bead Locks, D44 front with air locker, D44 rear with spool, alloy usa axles and 5.13's, 36in. swamper tsl's, RK long arms four squirrels under the hood, And strait sheet metal, for now
Bully Off Road
moparmatt

Post by moparmatt »

Nice.

How are you mounting it? Pics of your brackets/mount? 8)
88 MJ SOA 33"
bullyjeep98

Post by bullyjeep98 »

I used the 3 bumper holes on each side, then on the driver side I used all the steering box mount holes and then the large hole behind those. On the Pass. side I used 2 holes behind the factory bumper mount holes.
88 MJ,Green Bead Locks, D44 front with air locker, D44 rear with spool, alloy usa axles and 5.13's, 36in. swamper tsl's, RK long arms four squirrels under the hood, And strait sheet metal, for now
Bully Off Road
xjjeepthing

Post by xjjeepthing »

Sweeet
God grant me the serenity to accept the impossible trails I cannot crawl, courage to crawl the twisted trails I can and the wisdom to keep the tire side down.
proashol

bumper

Post by proashol »

I still have the one off my grey xj would have worked fine
:shock:
if u did'nt brake it u didn't play hard enough
bullyjeep98

Post by bullyjeep98 »

Yesterday I finished up a little welding I had to do then ground down all the welds(that really sucks to do). Then today I got it all primed and painted.

The nice neon green bottom :smt023
Tommorrow I hope to get it all mounted and my winch all hooked up. More pictures will come.
Bully Off Road
BODE

Post by BODE »

looks sweet watch air flow to radiator though I have a 8274 which in my opinion is the best winch ever made but they are big for a jeep radiator.
98 tj 4'' lift 33'' mud rovers.
bullyjeep98

Post by bullyjeep98 »

I put a three core radiator in it and put a 160 degree t stat which helps plus I'll probably have to raise the hood in the back. I was bored and antsy so I went in the garage and got it mounted. I put the winch in and it didn't fit I made it about a half inch to short so I had to cut the grill a little. I'll post more pics tomorrow. I have to take my winch down to Hackshack so we can get the brake off and do some work to it. The 8274 is dated 1-79 so I think the brake is shot. I had to put a hundred dollars in solenoids in it but I got it for a song ($9) just ask Roland. :D
Bully Off Road
VeniVidiVici

Post by VeniVidiVici »

JJJJEEEERRRRKKKK LOL You need to pick my Ramsey for a tune up!

Roland
91 XJ 2d 36" TSLs,6.5 lift ,d30 fr.,d44 rear, locked w/ 4:88s Warn 9.5xp,dual optimas, and alot more. and soon to come rear disc breaks
Buckle Up or Get Out I'm About To Try Something!!
BODE

Post by BODE »

hey roland do you have anymore $9 winches? ill buy them all lol
OiRadio47

Post by OiRadio47 »

looks good adam
green50gt

Post by green50gt »

Yeah bud, looks good. You are a fan of that Neon green huh? You and Slaytman should get along well. See you saturday.
bullyjeep98

Post by bullyjeep98 »

I got it mounted last night. Today I had to do some cutting of my grill because I made the bumper a half inch to short for the winch to mount in properly. I did a little field testing with it too. :smt023
This one shoes how I had to cut the grill you can also see it in the first one
My little helper and wheelin buddy
Oh yeah if anybody asks the battery cable is connected, just kidding
Bully Off Road
bullyjeep98

Post by bullyjeep98 »

As for the winch price I am commited to working on and building Rolands Jeeps for a long time
Bully Off Road
Jeeptech

Post by Jeeptech »

I'm diggin' the Jeep Black/John Deere Green motif! Bumper looks great and stout enough to handle some serious pulls with that winch.
'98 XJ, long list, skinny wallet! Bummer.
VeniVidiVici

Post by VeniVidiVici »

Hey Bode, I found another $9 Winch when You gonna build me a Jeep LOL

Roland
91 XJ 2d 36" TSLs,6.5 lift ,d30 fr.,d44 rear, locked w/ 4:88s Warn 9.5xp,dual optimas, and alot more. and soon to come rear disc breaks
Buckle Up or Get Out I'm About To Try Something!!
BODE

Post by BODE »

I seem to get a lot of offers like that...........
bullyjeep98

Post by bullyjeep98 »

IT'S DONE, even got to try it out today. My buddy got his H1 stuck and my winch and bumper got him out.WOO HOO.
Bully Off Road