fab. up some bumpers help

Fabrication, Body work, components and paint

Moderator: Tec Team

XJames

fab. up some bumpers help

Post by XJames »

last summer/fall fab. up a look alike pro-farm front prerunner bumper, but changed it to my liking, thats whats best about making your own stuff. now I have really had my eye on the rock runner gen2 rear bumper from t and t customs (www.tntcustoms.com) but im sure it's to expensive, so im planning on fab.in one up but i also want to change it to have a rear 2'' receiver, that would be easy. I also want/ will be adding a rear swaying tire carrier. but im not sure on the right design to do this. with it being a tubular bumper. and also having the quarter panel wrap around taillight saver thing. and still be able to open the back ha ha. any ideas? :?
green50gt

Post by green50gt »

Make sure you don't make it swing-DOWN!! I thought I would save a bunch of money, in which I did, but crap that thing was heavy. Dumb decision #1,342.

rockinxj00
TEC team
TEC team

Post by rockinxj00 »

green50gt wrote:Make sure you don't make it swing-DOWN!! I thought I would save a bunch of money, in which I did, but crap that thing was heavy. Dumb decision #1,342.

The only good thing about dereks was he had a bump stop in case he started to flip backwards. :lol:
Hey Hold My Beer and Watch This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
XJames

haha

Post by XJames »

yeah i saw this picture over in the "i made ______ for my jeep". topic, and thought that exact thing how heavy that would be. I think i have a couple ideas but we'll see. wont be for couple months still before i get motivated.
green50gt

Post by green50gt »

I did build it so if I backed into a tree it wouldn't fold like a pretzel. However I did find that 1/8 would have been more than sufficient, and would have made quite a difference in weight.