What lift to Buy????

Suspension and body lifts, Tires, Wheels, Shocks and accessories

Moderator: Tec Team

Rubble

What lift to Buy????

Post by Rubble »

Lifting the wifes XJ. I have narrowed the choice down to Rusty's and Rough Country. So let me know what you think.
03 Wrangler a few add ons
93 ZJ winter beater (sold)
White Rubi
CV team
CV team

Post by White Rubi »

Rustys over priced. But very well built roughcountrys. Priced right and aslo as rustys life time warranty. . I've never broke a RC parts and customer service is awesome ..
05. LJ rubi with 454tbi and th400 trans with 241OR t-case.
Member of the Big Block Jeep club
6in RC lift 3in body
38x14.5x16 toyos on procomp wheels

http://www.youtube.com/koalacat
http://s816.photobucket.com/home/koalacat_photo/index
Joe
MJC member
MJC member

Post by Joe »

X2 what orange rubi said. I've been satisfied with everything through RC so far. Heard rustys is best for XJ parts so you get your moneys worth I guess.
01 XJ Few Mods on 33s JOTMay 2011
03 Sahara black on black on black, lifted and locked
whatsup1287

Post by whatsup1287 »

I have heard, and seen broken Rusty's parts. I also know that their shipping always seemed to be high, and people have had problems with parts covered under warranty. I bought a long arm upgrade for my old XJ and the frame bushings had play in them after a short time. Called up Rusty's didn't want to ship new ones out... After talking to them they said they would send them out. 5 years later and still no new bushings.. RC warranty dept. seems great. My friend bought one of their long arm kits for his XJ and bent the cross member. He sent them pics and had a new updated designed one sent out asap.
2004 LJ - Huge lift, little tires, go fast chrome!
2006 mega cab cummins
1994 YJ
1999 Xj
Rubble

Cost comparison

Post by Rubble »

RC is 604 dollars to my doorstep

Rusty's is $600 dollars to my doorstep

That is comparing apples to apples or as close as possible.
Finch

Post by Finch »

i would goo the rc route. ive seen rc lifts take 1 ft curbs at 50mph sideways, like the side of the rim to the curb lol some tough items
Last edited by Finch on March 13th, 2011, 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be kind, be courteous and be careful but more importantly.. JEEP HARD OR GO HOME!!!
2000 Jeep Cherokee, all stock for now. KM2's in the future with some lift.
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash ... 6775_n.jpg
Cheep

Post by Cheep »

I have Never had a Rusty's lift. I have had a Rough Country YJ 4" lift that was about 6 months old broke all 4 leaves in right rear spring pack climbing a hill in sand.( It was spring under.) I called Rough Country and asked if they could do anything, or what their opinion was on what I should do in the future to prevent this. They told me don't run a V8, and they would not even sell me 1 spring to replace it. They would sell me all 4, and made sure to remind me once again not to run a V8 in a Jeep. I ended up buying a Fab-Tech lift, after calling them. Fab-Tech told me if I ever broke one of their springs call them and they will send me a pair to replace it. The only stipulation was, they would want the broken spring back (they pay shipping) to figure out why it broke, so that would not happen in the future.
Last edited by Cheep on March 14th, 2011, 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whatsup1287

Post by whatsup1287 »

I know you said you are down to Rustys and RC but have you looked at Zone products? They sell a great product at a good price.
Either way, you might want to talk to Shaun at Michiana Auto Pros, I know they are a direct dealer for RC and Zone and he can prob get you the same kit a little cheaper.
2004 LJ - Huge lift, little tires, go fast chrome!
2006 mega cab cummins
1994 YJ
1999 Xj
Rubble

Looked that direction

Post by Rubble »

whatsup1287 wrote:I know you said you are down to Rustys and RC but have you looked at Zone products? They sell a great product at a good price.
Either way, you might want to talk to Shaun at Michiana Auto Pros, I know they are a direct dealer for RC and Zone and he can prob get you the same kit a little cheaper.
Zone would be great except they do not offer a spring pack. That leads you to BDS to add a spring pack. Add 400 to the cost. I did stop and talk to Shaun and Trent. They don't seem to care for RC or Rusty's. They were pushing a zone BDS hybrid at a cost around 850. This is the wifes she isn't planning on heavy offroading. I just don't see spending the BDS money for spring packs.
VeniVidiVici

Post by VeniVidiVici »

If You ask 20 people the same question You'll get 20 different answers. I used to retail RC and had problems with warrantee, but the customer had better results dealing directly with them. I personally have not used them,I have however used Rusty's and have had great service, Rusty will talk to You personally and take care of any problems You have, no matter how hard You use it!! (see my avitar lol)

Just My 0.02
Roland
91 XJ 2d 36" TSLs,6.5 lift ,d30 fr.,d44 rear, locked w/ 4:88s Warn 9.5xp,dual optimas, and alot more. and soon to come rear disc breaks
Buckle Up or Get Out I'm About To Try Something!!
Rubble

Debate is over Rough Country it is.

Post by Rubble »

Roland you are correct. Everyone has a different opinion. I decided to go with RC. Caught a deal on the lift gonna save me over a hundred bucks. Will be placing my order today. Now on to rims and tires. LOL I won't even start that discussion LOL
White Rubi
CV team
CV team

Post by White Rubi »

I have had to replace parts due to wear from RC. Called rayn at RC had parts in 2 DAYS with out question. No delay. It's not a one time last I've fixed its been several. With out hassle. To me that's service after the sale. And that's priceless to me.

And what cheep said ya prolly not warranty any parts due to a v8. THERE kits were jot designed for a v8.
that be like me taking my jeep to lochmandy and asking them to repair my axles if id broke them.
I can't see bashing a product for fault. When it wasn't designed for that applications.

Some have seen my arcticat 4 wheeler its got 31 in tires. And it likes to break axles. I don't run to arcticat and ask them to repair it. CAUSE. It's my fault it broke.
05. LJ rubi with 454tbi and th400 trans with 241OR t-case.
Member of the Big Block Jeep club
6in RC lift 3in body
38x14.5x16 toyos on procomp wheels

http://www.youtube.com/koalacat
http://s816.photobucket.com/home/koalacat_photo/index
rockinxj00
TEC team
TEC team

Post by rockinxj00 »

Todd, you should check pro comp as well. I broke the rear spring pack and they sent one to my door. Great customer service and they are reasonably priced. Only problem is, I think they only go to 3" on XJ's.
Hey Hold My Beer and Watch This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!