Axle swap

All model engines and drivetrain related items including transfer cases, lockers, air intake, Anything electrical..lights, stereos, speakers, wiring, except winches and electric lockers.

Moderator: Tec Team

Zuk
MJC member
MJC member

Axle swap

Post by Zuk »

WOW! Marathon day on the TJ. Got up Sat. @ 8:30, ran for parts from 11:30-6:30 across 2 states, started the front axle swap @ 11 pm (switched from LP30 w/3.07`s to a HP30 w/4.10`s to match the 8.8 in the rear) and finally drove it @ 1 pm today. 14 hours non stop! 3 diffs removed, one housing cleaned, one locker removed and one diff assy (4.10`s) installed in cleaned housing. Family BBQ @ 4pm, got about 1 1/2 hr nap then went back @ the TJ to replace worn bolt for track bar and rebuilt front driveshaft. Installing it tomorrow after work, then give her a bath before the meeting. Next weekend is running the rear brake lines and exhaust. Then I`ll be done for quite awhile I hope! :D
2001 Sahara, 4.0, auto, Rubicon express 5.5" long arm, Rubicon Dana 44's front and rear, OE air locker in front, ARB air locker in rear, 37" Mastercraft MXT's, 4.10's, Tera 2low, SYE, Currie Anti rock in front, Currie rock sliders, Barricade rear armor, Tmax 9k competition winch, Tmax 2.5k suck down winch in rear :)
Duff

Re: Axle swap

Post by Duff »

Wholly good God...

BTW, could not join Friday - had a work related issue come up.
: 98 TJ : 14" coilovers : 35 TSL : D44/D60 4:88 ARB : Warn 8274 : Snorkel : Lights :
FyrFytr704

Post by FyrFytr704 »

You're really after it! What I want to know is when are ya planning to break it in on the trail??
'04 Rubicon, high-lined, stretched to 104" wb, and armored
Stock 4.0, trans., and t-case
HP D60 front - ARB and 3-linked, D60 rear - Spooled and 4-linked, 5.38 gears, PSC assist, 40" LTB's
FINALLY out on the trail after 2 years in the making!
"
J
ust
E
mpty
E
very
P
ocket"
Zuk
MJC member
MJC member

Post by Zuk »

I have approx. 2,000 miles on it now and need to replace the rear upper control arms. Even with the extended bracket for the track bar it was 3/4" to the right and wore the factory bushings out. After making the factory track bar adjustable all is square now. Got to try it out a little in Mesick last month and went well. Other than that I haven`t had much of a chance to wheel it much :(
2001 Sahara, 4.0, auto, Rubicon express 5.5" long arm, Rubicon Dana 44's front and rear, OE air locker in front, ARB air locker in rear, 37" Mastercraft MXT's, 4.10's, Tera 2low, SYE, Currie Anti rock in front, Currie rock sliders, Barricade rear armor, Tmax 9k competition winch, Tmax 2.5k suck down winch in rear :)