I hate it
7%

Total votes: 15

slaytman
MJC member
MJC member

New homepage

Post by slaytman »

we have a new home page now. How does it look?there is also a new one for iPhones droids and other phones. The home page automatically detects smaller screens and redirects to that alternate site.let me know if you fancy any other modifications or links that would be useful on the homepage.I can also set up different kind of links for the smartphones.
Retired Prez 09-20 , Founder VP 07-09
When Life Takes A Turn Lean Into It
JOTM-Jan2008, 00 TJ
slaytman youtube channel
Hana Hou
MJC member
MJC member

Re: New homepage

Post by Hana Hou »

John one thing I see is when I open with Explorer the Logo is kind of messed up. You can only see the orange color. I'm not sure on the other browsers and I know every single browser and every device will show things slightly differently (due to designing sites myself... I know how annoying that can be). You can't see it very well and the words on the page are also very light. Not sure if it is just the version of explorer I am using. Other than that I do think it looks nice :) I'm sure you have put a lot of work into this!
RED LAVA
Red JK 4D 2011
2014 June JOTM
2" Zone Lift
33 DuraTrac Tires w/17" Rockstar, Custom Top Hoist
Hitch, KC Windshield & Bar Lights, Smitty Built Side Steps, Aftermarket front Bumper
12000 lb winch
"Girls Like it Topless & Dirty"
1998 Purple TJ Sport (Purple Turtle)
6 cyl 5 speed
4:10 gears, 33" DuraTrac tires
custom painted flatfenders, smitty built front stinger bumper, light bar w 4 KC lights
2.5 rc spring lift, 1.25 body lift, 1" motor mount lift
Purple Spider Shade, instatrunk ,
slaytman
MJC member
MJC member

Post by slaytman »

it should be in a white and orange logo. it came up fine on my Windows Explorer. I may need to change the format of the image and sizes up a little bit.
JOTM-Jan2008, 00 TJ
slaytman youtube channel
Hana Hou
MJC member
MJC member

Post by Hana Hou »

Here is what it looks like in Explorer. I have problems when I design on my Mac because it looks different on PCs so I always have to call someone and ask them to look. I'm on a PC now but still design on my home Mac. Or sometimes I get months go by and no one says anything then get all mad and I'm like "if you would have told me that would have been fixed in no time, what I see isn't always how others see it"

Could be that my work computer is on Explorer 9. Its a bit old. Think they are up to 11 now.

Hope this helps some
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RED LAVA
Red JK 4D 2011
2014 June JOTM
2" Zone Lift
33 DuraTrac Tires w/17" Rockstar, Custom Top Hoist
Hitch, KC Windshield & Bar Lights, Smitty Built Side Steps, Aftermarket front Bumper
12000 lb winch
"Girls Like it Topless & Dirty"
1998 Purple TJ Sport (Purple Turtle)
6 cyl 5 speed
4:10 gears, 33" DuraTrac tires
custom painted flatfenders, smitty built front stinger bumper, light bar w 4 KC lights
2.5 rc spring lift, 1.25 body lift, 1" motor mount lift
Purple Spider Shade, instatrunk ,
slaytman
MJC member
MJC member

Post by slaytman »

Thx Sabrina for bringing this to my attention.
I just discovered that as well... It's being displayed in Internet Explorer 8.0 which is the highest level for windows XP. IE current version is 11.0 so it works fine on Windows 7 or Vista systems.
Try bringing up on your phone and it should be fine as well.
My sudgestion for now untill I can try and resolve for 8.0 is to install Google Chrome so it will display properly like this...
chrome.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JOTM-Jan2008, 00 TJ
slaytman youtube channel
Zuk
MJC member
MJC member

Post by Zuk »

Only thing I seen was to update the event dates on the main page. The ones at the bottom of the page...
2001 Sahara, 4.0, auto, Rubicon express 5.5" long arm, Rubicon Dana 44's front and rear, OE air locker in front, ARB air locker in rear, 37" Mastercraft MXT's, 4.10's, Tera 2low, SYE, Currie Anti rock in front, Currie rock sliders, Barricade rear armor, Tmax 9k competition winch, Tmax 2.5k suck down winch in rear :)